Corolla AE102 Performance

If you have that much dosh to work with...personally i would either sell it and buy a newer 1zz or save more and get a sportivo...

I think in the long term you would be better off, rather than throwing 10k of forced induction work to a sausage on wheels...may sound a bit harsh, but the 9th gen rollas are that much better than the 8th its a joke in my opinion.

If you have that much dosh to work with...personally i would either sell it and buy a newer 1zz or save more and get a sportivo...

I think in the long term you would be better off, rather than throwing 10k of forced induction work to a sausage on wheels...may sound a bit harsh, but the 9th gen rollas are that much better than the 8th its a joke in my opinion.

I just thought that it was easier to mod thios model corolla and cheaper as well.. cause some peopel have said that the corolla with the vtti engines cost more to mod

Edited by Alley2328

ok here is some useful info that you might be able to use

http://www.corollaperformance.com/About/Index.html

The technical info and the modification sections linked at the top should be enough to get u started .....

i think this guy has done a pretty good job to educate other people about the ae102 ....

cheers

Bill

Mod your current car if you like it. The suspension setup craps all over the newer corolla's. The A series block is nice and strong too if you want to go forced induction.

Pauter and Argo do stronger rods, and there's a huge variety of forged pistons to choose from aswell.

If you have 10K, this is how I'd spend it...

Engine crane $250

Good socket set $200

Good screwdriver set $50

Good ringspanner set $100

Chain for crane $5

Remove the motor yourself, it's pretty easy even for a first-timer.

Purchase some stronger rods with ARP bolts $1200

Purchase some oversize forged pistons with rings $700 (aim for 8.5:1 or 9:1)

TD04 WRX turbo $250-300 for a good secondhand one

Evo or import VR4 cooler from importers $200 (better than the ebay crap)

Bosch BOV $40

7MGTE injectors $100

rebuild kit for the 7A $300 (incl all gaskets and seals)

Bearing kit $200

Steampipe turbo manifold $400

Dump pipe and exhaust $600-1K

Cooler pipes $400

Labour to machine/rebuild motor with new parts $1K

Oil feed/return lines and fittings $130

Emanage with MAP sensor, ignition harness and injector harness $500-600 seconhand + $200 to tune

OR

Microtech/Haltech/Adaptronic etc $900-1500 + $500 to fit and tune

HD clutch $250-400 (recommend a 6 puck sprung center ceramic disc with uprated original pressure plate, the toyota pressure plates are hard to beat)

Secondhand TRD LSD $400 from importers, $500-600 to fit, possibly less if you take the box and LSD to a gearbox shop.

Shim the oilpump while the motor's out for a bit more pressure

With this setup, you will have a basically indestructible street motor which will put out something like 170kw ATW with moderate boost... Will leave sportivo drivers thinking "WTF was that???", and it will be a RELIABLE daily driver too.

With the leftover money, invest in some Koni's and springs too, then it's another $500 or so for a decent brake setup.

If you're after extra rice points, factor in some extra $$$ for a multitude of guages, I'd recommend oil pressure, water temp and boost.

If you want info on seriously modding the earlier motor's, then www.twincam.org and www.toymods.org.au are much better sources of information. Johhny, kingmick and Terry O'Bernie have all done some serious builds on the 7a at toymods from memory.

Edited by rollamods

Mod your current car if you like it.  The suspension setup craps all over the newer corolla's.  The A series block is nice and strong too if you want to go forced induction.

Pauter and Argo do stronger rods, and there's a huge variety of forged pistons to choose from aswell.

Engine crane $250

Good socket set $200

Good screwdriver set $50

Chain for crane $5

Bosch BOV $40

7MGTE injectors $100

Bearing kit $200

Cooler pipes $400

Emanage with MAP sensor, ignition harness and injector harness $500-600 seconhand + $200 to tune

OR

HD clutch $250-400 (recommend a 6 puck sprung center ceramic disc with uprated original pressure plate, the toyota pressure plates are hard to beat)

Secondhand TRD LSD $400 from importers, $500-600 to fit, possibly less if you take the box and LSD to a gearbox shop.

With this setup, you will have a basically indestructible street motor which will put out something like 170kw ATW with moderate boost... Will leave sportivo drivers thinking "WTF was that???", and it will be a RELIABLE daily driver too.

With the leftover money, invest in some Koni's and springs too, then it's another $500 or so for a decent brake setup.

If you're after extra rice points, factor in some extra $$$ for a multitude of guages, I'd recommend oil pressure, water temp and boost.

If you want info on seriously modding the earlier motor's, then www.twincam.org and www.toymods.org.au are much better sources of information.  Johhny, kingmick and Terry O'Bernie have all done some serious builds on the 7a at toymods from memory.

Looking at this .. 170Kw ATW... isnt that a little too much for a FWD ie wheelspin?? any other suggestions.. maybe a lil less powerful?

Mod your current car if you like it.  The suspension setup craps all over the newer corolla's.  The A series block is nice and strong too if you want to go forced induction.

Engine crane $250

Good socket set $200

Good screwdriver set $50

Chain for crane $5

Bosch BOV $40

7MGTE injectors $100

Bearing kit $200

Cooler pipes $400

OR

If you want info on seriously modding the earlier motor's, then www.twincam.org and www.toymods.org.au are much better sources of information.  Johhny, kingmick and Terry O'Bernie have all done some serious builds on the 7a at toymods from memory.

wooooow!!! the guy is doing it, better b gd at it.... :lol: did u include... the installing??

Or u can do an engine conversion, for 20V or Supercharge 4AGZE, 20V should slip straight in cause that model come with 20V in japan (Front Cut is better), then get some good suspension set up! Should be able to do it with ur price range!

dont do a 20V, you will be dissapointed with the "power"

A 1ZZ makes more power at the wheels than a stock 20V.

a 4agze is a far better proposition than a 20V, just make sure the 4agze is a MAP sensored version as the AFM GZE's suck just like the 20V.

If 170kw is too much for you, then run 8psi and get about 120kw ATW instead.