some people s#$t me

eddy_torrezz

hey guys just thought id have a bitch about people trying to get somthing for nothing.

had my gizzmo shiftlight for sale and i know its not for sale for the $199 it was when i got it but have advertised it for $160 never been out of the box.

anyway i looked around melbourne and the going price for the same shiftlight is between $175 and $185 anyway the amount of people that have tried to get me to sell it for under $100 is unbelivable.

cant belive some peoples nerve.

when there already getting it cheaper than retail and they want more off just s#$ts me.

anyway thats my 5 cents.

anyone else got an issue like this feel free to post up.

yes, there are quite a few of them going around. even tho u post up expected prices. they still try their luck with half of what u've put up, which makes me wonder wat makes them think they have a chance at all.

either that, lots of ppl ask about prices and don't buy. then there are the illiterates or the blind. they don't/can't read "Serious buyers". they don't/can't read "non negotiable". or they just don't/can't read at all, eg, asking "how much?", when a price is posted, etc.

then there are those who pop out of nowhere and start saying that your sale is a ripoff or post totally irrelevant things. "my mate's mate who's a fungus farmer bought these mushrooms for half of wat your offering for your mushroom filters, yada yada yada"

Edited by shaohaok

You have to remember they don't know you. You are not offering a warranty so there is an element of risk. So they want it cheap nothing wrong with that. It's up to you to just say sorry that's not enough and try and talk them up.

another thing that has caused people too start asking ridiculous prices on products that are for sale is "E-BAY".........man it makes u wonder where in the world they are getting their products from and are they genuine from the particular brands that are in question!!!!!!This is apparent when u see that they are selling almost 100% lower than the actual wholoesale or retail price of the item!!! It's great for a bargin ol e-bay but its a gamble too if ur gonna get ur purchase sent to u or if u even get any type of warranty on it!!!!!and that includes postage!!!!LOL :P :P

yeah i understand all these things and i dont blame anyone for trying to get a bargin but usually the people know if its real or fake and know what there worth so why waste my time and there time by asking.

ive got this guys hasseling me to sell it to him for $75 like hes gonna break me lol

and ive blasted him about it saying no way plus id already been offered $130 by 3 people prior but he wont stop.

also the prick wants me to pay for postage lol

loooooooser :D

hey man i know it sucks when people offer you rediculous prices but its like a CAR man

doesnt matter how many k's are on it the second its in your name and the dealer doesnt own it anymore there goes like 20% of the original price

the fact that its still second hand is a good enough reason

doesnt matter if you have used it or not

i have a BRAND NEW fusion12 inch sub its worth almost $300

but there is no way ill get anything near $200 for it thats just the way it is

by the way anyone interested PM me haha

hey man i know it sucks when people offer you rediculous prices but its like a CAR man

doesnt matter how many k's are on it the second its in your name and the dealer doesnt own it anymore there goes like 20% of the original price

i'll take it for 50bucks! how about 50bucks? :P j/k

there is haggling and then there's unreasonable, if u understand wat eddy is saying.

Edited by shaohaok

i'll take it for 50bucks! how about 50bucks? :P j/k

there is haggling and then there's unreasonable, if u understand wat eddy is saying.

yeah thats what im trying to say its almost offensive.

yeah i agree haggling and unreasonable is a bit different i think

and also if you have said no and they keep asking then they are stupid haha you'd think that they would atleast offer a higher price if there gonna keep trying for it

weirdo's

ill give you $110 for shift light thingy mate haha jokes

i dont even know what it is

PM me with some details i might actually be interested

cheers

As a buyer (occaisonally a seller) of items - I'll usually haggle.

But to be fair - I'll find out what the market price is - retail and places like ebay - if I don't think I'll have a decent offer that makes the buyer (me) and the seller happy - I just don't do anything about it ....

recent example:

I bought a grille + badge for my 'rolla asking price was ***.** and I offered a bit below that + postage ==> ended up negotiating and getting the grille for the price the seller was after and that included postage. Seller happy / Buyer happy.

That said =-= not long back i had some computer gear for sale - BRAND NEW - never even looked at --> because I didn't have time --> and I set a LOW price on it - way below retail: and had offers of $15.00 - $20.00....

I mean SERIOUSLY --> for me non sensible offers just don't get a response - or they get a sorry item sold for *** more than you offered, next time be realistic.

I'm cool with people trying to get things cheaper, We all want to save our cash for other things but no point being ridiculous about it.