Which bulb type for XV10 Camry?

antik

Hey all,

I want to get a HID kit but I'm not sure which bulb type to get. Some have said I need HB4 and some have said I can use H4-3 bi-xenon.

Any help would be great

If you want a HID kit to suit your GEN3 SXV10 Camry then get the DS2 H4 kit but you will need a pair of projectors and buy the US GEN3 front headlights with the clear lens, custom fit the projectors into it and install your HID kit. It looks really nice. I had them in my old GEN3 Camry but I've sold it the car.

If you want a HID kit to suit your GEN3 SXV10 Camry then get the DS2 H4 kit but you will need a pair of projectors and buy the US GEN3 front headlights with the clear lens, custom fit the projectors into it and install your HID kit. It looks really nice. I had them in my old GEN3 Camry but I've sold it the car.

Do you have a pic of it done? Or any other Gen 3 retrofit?

Installing projectors without projectors is illegal and possibility of defect.

If you do choose to install a HID without projectors, your bulb size is H4.

i personally installed projectors to avoid defect.

IMG_20120708_105044.jpg

IMG_20120707_215159.jpg

IMG_20120707_215106.jpg

Installing projectors without projectors is illegal and possibility of defect.

If you do choose to install a HID without projectors, your bulb size is H4.

i personally installed projectors to avoid defect

I'm fairly sure that all aftermarket HID installs (regardless of projector-type housings) are illegal and defectable if not fitted with washers and auto-levelling

True that all aftermarket are defects without auto leveling and washer jets. but the chances of defects are dramatically reduced when projectors are installed. My car was defected twice within six months before i installed projectors.

Hey Antik, get these depo headlights on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TY-CAMRY-95-96-EURO-CHROME-HEAD-CORNER-LIGHT-COMBO-PAIR-/140883520757?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1996%7CModel%3ACamry&hash=item20cd4fecf5

then get something similar to this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-WHITE-CCFL-Angel-Eye-Projector-Fog-Light-H3-/110767560373?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ca42d6b5

to retrofit them into the depo headlights from the US. You will need to remove the front lens from the headlights to retrofit the projectors in. Then go and order some HID kit (DS2 H4) off ebay, maybe use 4500k bulbs as 6000k is way too bright and cops will pull you over. When getting the HID kit, make sure the relay has a double function so it will control your low beam and also control your high beam.

Those projectors from ebay will not work. They are fog lights the light spread is designed differently. Just remember it is a lot of work to do and even if you do this properly by retrofitting it, it is still not road worthy and you will get defected for it if they are looking for something.