206 GTi 180

My view? If i wanted a comfy, trouble free ride, i would get the Honda Civic. Not a power house but if you are after comfort and reliability and resale value, the Honda would be my choice. And maybe in the near future you can pop a Type-R 2L i-VTEC into the Civic's engine bay since it is a direct fit then you got yourself a Civic Type-R :P !!

The only cars i considered buying before i bought the Stivo were the Civic, Jazz, Accord Euro and Stivo. It all came down to my budget and feel of the car. I guess i just loved the way the 2ZZGE revved and when i drove it, i just fell in love and bought it. I would never considered cars made by Holdens, Fords, Peugeot, Renault etc. Only Jap. car manufacturers. And even then, i picked Honda and Toyota ONLY. Hence it was quite easy for me. And i guess with the problems on the Stivo, nothing is perfect. It's all human technology :lol: !

the Z20LET on the asta is an old iron block with a new alloy head. its actually also the same block as the 120+kw previous OPC astra which does the century sprint in about mid 8s just with a higher compression. it has the same bodykit as the NA SRi.

the sp23 imo is much more refined than the sportivo. the overall feel is a bit better and more solid. power-wise, i wouldn't call it sparkling. sensible power, i believe. i can give up a bit of refinement just for that awesome sound the 2ZZGE makes.

anyway illuminati, if space is important to u, then i dun think the 206 would help.

I found the SP23 to be nothing more than a parody of the SP20. SP20 = great car for its time. SP23 = bigger motor, not much more power, lets cash in on what we did before. SP20 would have been HEAPS better if they did the old 105 KW when nissan did with the pulsar.

Mazda, GROW UP is all that can be said, stop living in the mid 90's nissan days.

I actually like the SP23 sedan very much and was considering very seriously about buying that car. Unfortunately it was a little more than what I wanted to pay.

Anyway, I think that with a few good mods, it'll be both a beautiful car to drive and look at. :lol:

shaohaok: where did you get your mods done? Im interested in the sportivo front shorts.

Do they also sell leg warmers? my stivo has been complaining about the cold Melbourne mornings lately. :lol::lol::lol:

Who said this topic was ****** me off? I sure didn't.

hmm...looks like YOU assumed. Wrong again.

This topic doesn't ***** me off. It's interesting to see what other people looked at and what their opinions were before buying the Sportivo.

You need to overdose on some 'Chill Pills'.

Sorry, but as some of us members already know, your attitude within this forum isn't the most constructive.

Who died and made you critic as to whether or not someone's car is crap?

Think.....slowly...before saying/typing anything.

If you have a problem with this, i'll be more than happy to sort it out. PM me and it'll definately get sorted.

-Chris

As moderator of this forum I agree with xtigerx this forum is about Toyotas not about any thing else.

This forum is about improving our cars, issues and keeping the feeling.

If you want to promote the car do so not moan and groan about what you could have had or bought. I am sick of all the bitching.

I am for having fun but if you want to bag the car and say how bad it is well bugger off as far as I am concerned you no longer have a place in this forum.

Enjoy the damm cars and get on with life. :angry::angry::angry::angry: If you don't like the car go by the civic, mazda or what ever...

The South Africa forum had people who carried on like this and they shut it down.

If you guys keep crapping on I am outa here.

Best Bang for Your Buck is the Sportivo. It also has rear doors. That's why I bought it.

Competition is too expensive, a la Pug GTi 180, for $40K, spent an extra few dollars and look at the XR6T.

Cheers.

i originally started this to ask for peoples opinoins. it was also a good oportunity for stivo owners to write why they prefer the stivo.

if u moderators dont think there should b a 206 topic on a toyota forum then simply delete it / close it down.

xtigerx: is ur avatar pixelated or is that what ur car looks like now?