Servicing

Legally as long as you service the car using a professional according to the log book and your book is stamped they cannot void the warranty.

Practically I'm taking my car to the dealer even with the extra money they charge because my dealer is doing a very good job and they were very helpful when it comes to resolving any issues that I have.

My understanding is that, if the guy is a fully qualified mechanic, (and you can prove that to Toyota) and will stamp your book, and provide a proper printed invoice you"should"be ok.

I think, to provide extra assurance in time of warranty claims, you should always use genuine Toyota parts and filters, and get the mechanic to staple the toyota purchase receipt to the back of his invoice.

Even after all this, and being realistic, dont expect to be treated as sympathetically by Toyota or it's dealers, if you dont use them for servicing.

I think, to provide extra assurance in time of warranty claims, you should always use genuine Toyota parts and filters, and get the mechanic to staple the toyota purchase receipt to the back of his invoice.

extra assurance? sorry there is no such thing. you MUST use genuine parts. no genuine parts means no warranty for those parts and related components.

Even after all this, and being realistic, dont expect to be treated as sympathetically by Toyota or it's dealers, if you dont use them for servicing.

i do expect fair customer service from toyota. i choose not to use dealers for regular service and this is not wrong. i am not binded to regular service only by toyota. everyone can choose.

my log book has NEVER been stamped. only genuine parts are used but i do not keep the receipts. i have had over to $1,500 warranty service and parts in 8 months.

id rather have it done at the dealer because if there are any problems they will get on top of it straight away and most of it should be covered by warranty so you are really not up for that much other than the service

My Stivo has only got 3000kms and i am already ****** with the Toyota dealer here (TORY TOYOTA), all because of the service manager. The dealership also uses Toyota genuine motor oil which is mineral based 10W30W engine oil for the 2ZZGE and i reckon a fully synthetic would be better. I will get it done outside by an honest, hardworking mechanic who knows his stuff, if the warranty doesn't get stuffed. Will wait and see how they deal with my car at the 5000km service.

Thanks for the offer NIKICH :lol: , but here is this guy here in Shellharbour where i have sent other cars there for service and he has been pretty good. I will consider getting the car serviced there sometime soon.

Zee

When i got my car they said that only the first 1000km service is needed to be done by toyota... from then on i can take it to any authorised mechanic... i reckon taking to a mechanic that deals with high performance vehicles would be better than toyota... since my friend just started working there as an apprentice mechanic and yeh... wouldnt trust...haha :P

1,000 km is free of charge! you go to the dealer this time because it is free.

there are pros and cons with dealers and other mechanics. i see more cons with dealers that is why i have never booked my car with them.

dealers only see my car for warranty work. dealers are good for warranty because everything is free of charge.

it is not hard to service a car therefore i see very little advantage with using a hi-performance mechanic. a good mechanic knows how to change oil, test brakes, inspect shockers etc.

a hi-performance mechanic is good for engine conversions and powering up cars.

its not really free... u still have to pay for the oil, oil filter and stuff... the dealer told me that... pretty stupid i think...

yeh i was referring to a hi-performance mechanic meaning they deal with many hi-performance cars... so yeh of course they are gonna check that everything with the car is alright and also make sure ur car is running at its optimum performance.

its not really free... u still have to pay for the oil, oil filter and stuff... the dealer told me that... pretty stupid i think...

It was totally free for me as well, I had a coupon book that MCT gave to me and there was a coupon for free oil and filter, so I got those changed for free as well.

I have my GOLF BALL (Stivo) serviced at the dealer.

I trust my dealer a fair bit...and they try to help me as much as possible.

i feel sorry for them, because they have to put up with the 'characteristic' Faults of the Sportivo....as Toyota refuses to help us out.

-Chris