Torque???

Hey...peeps...just wondering which mod will give you Torque???

A CAI or Exhaust (Full System or Cat back)???

I've read the other topic forums, but I'm getting mixed feedback.

Some are saying that a CAI gives you top end, but a Cat back gives you low/mid range??? And Vice-versa...soo

Can someone please clarify this for me...for the record???

Cheers

Fellas

full exhaust (eg. headers/extractors) will give more torque than a CAI

if your going just cat back go for a CAI in my opinion

stock exhaust is good already

but be careful and dont get any canon muffler

proven to lose power

Thanks for that spec_black...though I'm curious why do you lose power with a Cannon Exhaust??? Care to elaborate on that one??? Also if I go the cat back, on a 1ZZFE would I get any gains at all??? I've got a Cannon exhaust, I took it out coz, I got caught by the EPA saying that it was too loud. I'm thinking of getting a cat back with the Cannon??? I've already done a custom Air Intake (check out my garage) so maybe a cat back with Cannon would give me some gains. I'm more into Torque than high end power!!!

Cheers

full exhaust (eg. headers/extractors) will give more torque than a CAI

if your going just cat back go for a CAI in my opinion

stock exhaust is good already

but be careful and dont get any canon muffler

proven to lose power

Thanks for that spec_black...though I'm curious why do you lose power with a Cannon Exhaust??? Care to elaborate on that one??? Also if I go the cat back, on a 1ZZFE would I get any gains at all??? I've got a Cannon exhaust, I took it out coz, I got caught by the EPA saying that it was too loud. I'm thinking of getting a cat back with the Cannon??? I've already done a custom Air Intake (check out my garage) so maybe a cat back with Cannon would give me some gains. I'm more into Torque than high end power!!!

Cheers

N/A cars need back pressure, and a canon wont give it. Catback system with a propper muffler is the way to go. also i would have a look around for some pipe to replace the peice of stock intake pipe that goes into the intake manifold fromt he short ram intake, try to remove those sharp bends that will also help quite a bit

The other thing i'd do if you have the short ram is to box it up and fit a bonnet scoop (yes they really do have a practicle application)

The way yours is set up now, enables the intake to pull all that cosy warm (hot) air from the engine bay. If you're handy with tools and materials, I'd be looking int building a box to fit your ram into that seals when the bonnet shuts, cutting a hole in the bonnet and fitting a scoop to get that lovely cool air that flows across the bonnet when you are driving. You'll find the ram will love you for it....

N/A cars need back pressure, and a canon wont give it. Catback system with a propper muffler is the way to go. also i would have a look around for some pipe to replace the peice of stock intake pipe that goes into the intake manifold fromt he short ram intake, try to remove those sharp bends that will also help quite a bit

Thanks for that Northy...I'll get a Catback Exhaust with a good muffler.

As for the Ram Pod, I've listen to your advice and I replace the stock rubber intake pipe that goes into the manifold and I got a straight 3'' pipe.

Here's a Pic

Notice the hose on the top of the pod! That hose goes all the way through the front vent of the car. To give it fresh cold air. I'm still going to build a box/heatshield for it too.

Cheers

In_D_Major

post-792-1130805325_thumb.jpg

Im not after a sports exhaust as im over it, should I bother upgrading the CAI on an 03-04 sportivo, or will the gains be worthless as I havent upgraded the exhaust side? btw, does anyone know of what the power gains are from stock of property made CAI and filter will give? just curious as to whether or not its worth it?

thanks

daz

well guys i got a cannon and my car goes HEAPS harder with the zorst and CAI

i also got racing cat so even less back pressure again

i have also been told by numerous people thaty my car sounds REALLY racey

i got mistaken for a motorbike this morning LOL

i took off the stock induction and mine sounds hot, im just think of getting the trd induction but its really pricey! can you suggest somewhere who knows how to make them and for a reasonable price?

Daz, go see Craig at Extreme Custom Engineering in Coopers Plains or SIR10 on Twinspam, they should both be able to make you a copy of the TuRD intake for a third the price. I've got the measurments somewhere, it's not complicated at all.

Edited by rollamods

Daz, go see Craig at Extreme Custom Engineering in Coopers Plains or SIR10 on Twinspam, they should both be able to make you a copy of the TuRD intake for a third the price.  I've got the measurments somewhere, it's not complicated at all.

Thanks Jason. I will have to have a chat to Craig. I know his work as he fitted my FMIC to my gze and did a great job! :D

• 3 weeks later...