Head unit problem

Ic3Man

Hey guys...

This might only be for the new corollas, as there are no other posts on this..

Here's the situation:

The key is in and turned to 'on' so that the cd player works.. I put a CD in (not mp3) and it starts playing. I turn the key and engine starts, but the CD player stops working...?? the light stays on and the word 'CD' is still there.. but nothing else.. i try ejecting it but the CD doesnt come out. The radio works fine. I have to turn the engine off, pull the key out and back in so that it works...

Anyone else experience this problem??

What should I do ?

Cheers,

David

I have experienced the same problem with my stock head unit as well a couple times. Each time I have had to wait for a few minutes before trying to eject the disc again.

Yeah, will have to bring it up at the next service or something.

Seeing as though others have this problem aswell, its a relief that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem..

Thanks for the input..

David

man i got a similar problem with my aftermarket deck. I have a clarion unit and if i have it playing music with the key on acc or on, but without the engine on... then turn the engine on, sound just stops coming out... i have to pull the face off and put it back on again (i guess cutting the power to it and replacing it) for it to work... mighty annoying since its a top of the line deck..

ergh..

man i got a similar problem with my aftermarket deck. I have a clarion unit and if i have it playing music with the key on acc or on, but without the engine on... then turn the engine on, sound just stops coming out... i have to pull the face off and put it back on again (i guess cutting the power to it and replacing it) for it to work... mighty annoying since its a top of the line deck..

ergh..

Try turning off your deck when you start your car.

Or turn it off before you kick the engine over.

It probably doesn't like the loss of power.

See if you can get an electrician to wire your stereo directly to your battery. Obviously you need to make sure you turn everything (amps etc) all off before you get out of your car (or wire up a switch in the dash from the battery B) )