2008 Aurion - Cabin Filter - Aftermarket - or US OEM Prices

AUSTSE

The Aurion uses the 8713906050 Genuine Toyota Cabin Air Filter, as far as I can tell the dimensions are

Height : 30 mm Length : 212 mm Width : 193 mm

Several USA Camry, Scion and Lexus Cabin Air Filters, and various Ebay listed aftermarket copies are much cheaper, even with delivery to Australia.

The genuine USA part numbers seem to be different to the Australian numbers, otherwise they may be the same?

The only non-genuine cabin filters I know of in Australia are Ryco from SCA etc', the price of the Rycos isn't much better than the Toyota genuine price.

Does anyone have any experience with cheaper alternatives?

• 1 month later...

I just installed this...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cabin-Air-Filter-RCA164P-TOYOTA-Aurion-Camry-Corolla-Prius-/150849187616?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231f4fef20

Looked and felt essentially the same as the oem, maybe not as stiff in the sidewall. 5 minute job.

The genuine USA part numbers seem to be different to the Australian numbers, otherwise they may be the same?

Genuine Japanese OEM parts in the US are actually made by manufacturers in the USA. They're simply rebranded, they change occasionally too. This doesn't just apply to the cabin filter, the oil filter is rebranded there as well (not sure about the air filters).