Rukus DRL's

Crypt

Hi All

Recently looking into the possibility of installing DRL's on the box and in my recent searches have come across the below, only thing I'm perplexed about is how does the system recognise when the car is turned off?

Wondering if anyone knows of this kit and what are probably the best suited LED's/DRL's for a Rukus?

I was hoping to find some that fit into the black fake grille vents on the front bumper but so far no luck :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Relay-Harness-Auto-Control-On-Off-Switch-Universal-/360394205189?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2011%7CMake%3AScion%7CModel%3AxB&hash=item53e92b2805&vxp=mtr#ht_3458wt_959

Are you gonna look to do a custom job yourself if you can't find a straight plug in solution? I can't imagine there being anything in behind the plastic covers so just cut out whatever section you need I guess.

The brand new model has them in the states but waaaaaay too freakin expensive to buy those parts.

Are you gonna look to do a custom job yourself if you can't find a straight plug in solution? I can't imagine there being anything in behind the plastic covers so just cut out whatever section you need I guess.

The brand new model has them in the states but waaaaaay too freakin expensive to buy those parts.

Custom-ish, there are some DRL units which would fit in the lower grille on the rukus which I could hook up, just wondering if the above Ebay harness would work? otherwise I could go custom and mark/dremel out the plastic

I like these...

http://tinyurl.com/mzxlkuh

Fits in and has the dimming electronics as well... pricey but nice.

Bry that looks perfect! it looks like it'll even fit the stock vents on the front of the Rukus, have you personally bought these or know someone that has? it looks like it wouldn't be that difficult to install, same sort of plugs from my HID's.

If they fit a 2010 rukus I'll go down this route as it looks easier :P

I'm debating Crypt, I'm getting the stereo first, then the DRL's. With the auto light circuit fitted, I'll hook them straight to the main lights for the switched feed and they'll be auto on/half with the light. By the time you factor in delivery, it's around $250.

Option B is to see how much the factory one's in the 2013's cost, but I'd imagine it'd be that amount per side!

Hey Bryan, CDUCTN looked into getting the factory ones a while back and somewhere around the $850 mark all up if I'm not mistaken? That was the lights and wiring harness, so unless you want to make a harness yourself...?

PS. that was a USD price too, clearly will cost even more now.

• 1 month later...

Hi David, few Months ago i recently had Fitted Daytime Running Led lights one on each side of the front Grill in Black set of 4 as the set of 8 was way too expensive, also i didn't even know that they are illegal to have on of a night,i was politely informed when i had gone in to pick up my Halo & was Quite Shocked as i dearly wanted them to be on of an evening but we do not have much Choice here in Australia you either Play by the rules or Pay up ;) so once my Headlights switch on the DRL switch off but i must say they really do suit the Rukus, as i had felt for very long there was something missing, as i already have Leds the Length of my Headlights they look a little Blue but they are white it's Just the Blue Paint that makes them look Blue but i like it that way. all up it Cost me $150 for the set of 2 x 4 DRL + Labour $350 in which i thought was a little expensive but i guess it takes a while to do all the wiring, but in the end all worth it =]

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi Sonia Where did you buy the DRLs!? $150/two!? Wowsers!

Where did i buy them.? and would i have loved to have purchased them elsewhere Yes... sadly i was not thinking when i had walked into Auto Barn & had paid a Whopping $150 bucks for the pair & they were on special :g: oh and one more thing i forget to mention. it cost me double the price just to have them fitted. think i will get an auto electrician next time i do learn from my mistakes you know :wacko: as you had stated it was far more expensive for the 8 but i would not have bought them anywhere else except on line. 4 is enough i guess it depends on what you like. i am still wishing to have the left & right hand corner done with DRL's but not sure where to buy from, if you are knowing where i could get a set would greatly appreciate it. any help that is :spiteful: i had thought i was finished with lights on my Halo but it is never ending what more can i say :spiteful: thanks & sorry for little late better late than never right..... :whistling: