springs?!?

correct me if im wrong but i just installed new springs bout a month ago and i go the 50MM springs from king springs. my understanding is i purchased 50MM springs for the standard corolla. the sportivo is 1" higher then the standard corolla, true/false? given that my stivo is roughly 75MM lower then standard? rule sure does tell me its 75MM from standard.

see for urself.!

-> Picture 1

-> Picture 2

Car looks great - must handel heaps better

i only dropped my around 35-40mm cause of the 17s i have

Just a question where is your front skirt/spoiler ;)

why is it not there ??

did you take it off??

lol i hit a dog mate ****** my front bar so i took off the front spoiler as it was rubbing against the bitumen :\

lovells and pedders are the only australian manufacturers to make springs for zze and 2zz.

king springs re-uses stock from the old corolla ae. the struts in an ae might be identical to zze/2zz but the car shell is different in size and weight.

trd141 i did not want to say this but now it looks fine to do so because you still have not sold you springs.

you do not reset king springs because they fail. you were rubbing on 17" wheels because your springs had failed. i assessed your reset springs with my hands and i know. they would also rub on 15" and 16".

the only springs i have reset and they still work well are TEINS. all other springs should be cut even if they are progressive/variable rate. cut eibach, cut kings, cut lovells, cut pedders, cut teins. do not reset springs!

given that my stivo is roughly 75MM lower then standard? rule sure does tell me its 75MM from standard.

your car looks right. you can try cutting your bump stops in half if you want to go lower. americans are doing it in their sedans.

kings springs are the only springs i have found that are chopped at the ends. lovells, pedders, teins are full springs from end to end.

the last coils on king springs are chopped in half horizontally therefore flat ends. no other manufacturers do this.

i find king springs have thin powder coat paint whereas lovells and pedders are thick.

Mike...even with a 50mm drop. it looks high still! wonder why?

sure it ain't a 30mm drop?

-Chris

pretty sure it was 50mm.

guy told me they had two lots, 30 and 50mm.

give the blokes at whole sale suspension in penrith.

the invert of my exhaust is 101MM off the ground

my side skirts are 125MM off the ground

front tyre top is 30MM from the edge of the guard

rear tyre top is 15MM from edge of the guard

Mike...even with a 50mm drop. it looks high still! wonder why?

sure it ain't a 30mm drop?

-Chris

pretty sure it was 50mm.

guy told me they had two lots, 30 and 50mm.

give the blokes at whole sale suspension in penrith.

the invert of my exhaust is 101MM off the ground

my side skirts are 125MM off the ground

someone with a stock stivo can u give me the same measurements please. mind u my exhaust isnt stock so cant compare there.

thx.

02-03 sportivo is lower than ascent by 20mm.

please remember king springs do not make springs for 2zz. i understand they re-use springs from old corolla just because they still fit.

if you have 50mm springs they will lower a sportivo from stock by 25mm.

King Springs do make springs for the sportivo cause if your telling me OZrock that i got only a 25mm drop with the KINGS i put in i think you should get your measuring tape out again and measure - they fit and the drop the car once they have settled around 45mm so OZ rock i believe you are mistaken in what you have claimed

you should not take measurements from the tyres because of wear and tear. measure from center of wheel (hub) to guard lip.

50mm springs should be approximately front 345mm and rear 340mm.

look at your spring coils for the printed part number. it is usually on the middle coil. it should have SL for super low.

not sure what you are trying to say but the sportivo and the accent are two very different cars

The sportivo has shorter strauts that the ascent so this will change the way the cars sit -

Im just saying they are two difference cars and i have noticed a larger drop of 25 mm on my car - thats all im saying

trd141 no was not hard.

i only said things the way i did because 03mikesportivo started this topic by referencing sportivo, standard corolla (ascent), metric and imperial measurements. i answered against the references made by 03mikesportivo.

i know sportivo and ascent are very different cars.

Front (measured from guard edge to ground level) is 625MM

Rear ' is 615MM

please do not measure like that. you should measure from wheel center (hub) to guard lip.

did you look at your springs for the coil part numbers?

King Springs do roll their own ZZE springs, which are completely different to the AE series springs. I've got a contact at King Springs on the Gold Coast if you'd like to call them and confirm.

rollamods thanks. i guess i was working off old catalogues and poorly trained dealers.

can you please give us the part numbers from your connection at king springs for zze? this will help people who want to purchase king springs from dealers with the right part numbers. and it could help 03mikesportivo.