want to borrow in BNE: torque wrench

please please, would anyone be nice enough to loan me a torque wrench, preferably 3/8 drive. attempting to do my rocker cover.

btw, would also like to borrow a 3 leg oil filter wrench or a toyota filter cap. need to get an overly tighten oil filter which my previous mechanic did :toast:

I will be happy to pick up and drop off. If you are near Herston, that would be even better! ^_^

are you putting on a rocker cover or a head mate? if its just a rocker cover torque of the bolts is not all that important. do them up so they are reasonably tight and you will be fine.

As for the oil filter - hammer a screwdriver into it from the side and use to to screw it off. it will be a little messy but it will get it off.

• Like 1

rocker cover dude. i was hoping to do it once and right. :whistling: so preferably with a torque wrench. :clap:

re the oil filter, was hoping not to make a mess.

you hv any to spare? :D

^

Buying a decent set of tools for the long haul would not be a bad thing to do. I highly doubt you will regret it should you choose to go down this road.

70 bucks a torque wrench and u can use it for the rest of ur life. 20 for a claw type oil filter remover and u can use it for the rest of ur life. Stop. Being an Asian. LMAO.

• Like 1

70 bucks a torque wrench and u can use it for the rest of ur life. 20 for a claw type oil filter remover and u can use it for the rest of ur life. Stop. Being an Asian. LMAO.

can i borrow your soldering iron :ph34r:

Just wouldn't be the same without saving a penny.

Life as a student.... answer is in the second post.

Trav is right. Don't need to worry about getting the torque on the rocker cover right. And the ol screwdriver through the filter isn't a bad idea either. The mess won't be hard to clean up.

Unless you know someone personally within distance, that would be your fastest way to get the job done.

LMAO would have been better if he said that in the OP :P i know all about being one. had to wait 3 months for funds from centrelink to build up enough to get my pentium 4 :P

I have an oil filter remover you can have if you want to come down to Yatala and get it.

but in all seriousness - use a screw driver - not worth the petrol coming down to the deep dirty south to pick it up.

as for the rocker cover do them up tight and you will be fine so long as the gasket is not broken or perished.

every bolt in the car has a specified torque - doesn't mean you need a torque wrench to do them all up.

LMAO would have been better if he said that in the OP :P i know all about being one. had to wait 3 months for funds from centrelink to build up enough to get my pentium 4 :P

diss guy takes peoples tax money to buy a pc instead of books ! :nono: :P !