Extended warranty fixed price servicing

Nejums

Hi guys,

Kind of new here (much more of a lurker) and just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should proceed with this extended warranty or not...

Basically, I purchased my Presara in 2010 from Western Toyota in Guildford (Sydney) and they offer an extended warranty program if you chose to service at their place after the manufacturer's warranty expired. Now I've been told the services are all at a fixed cost of $220, but are in 6 month intervals as opposed to the normal 9 months...

The extended warranty covers a list of things (unfortunately I can't list them as I don't have it with me).

Does this seem like a good deal or do you think I'll end up spending more?

Cheers.

The big question is bro.

Up to how much will they pay?

I have purchased a few newer cars from dealers and that's the only question on my mind...

Example

we will cover all parts contain in the head assembly.... Good right?

BUT we will only pay up to $2500.

You crack a head in a 2010 Presara $2500 will maybe cover parts and a bit of labour

The rest is on you

I sucks I know so read the fine print.

I purchased my 2010 ZR6 from CMI toyota in SA . Their extended warranty covers everything the new car does, no limit on individual incident payments.

Bout only for 2 more year and it cost $1200

Also now my car is being moded it doesn't even matter haha.

Hope this helps man

Hi guys,

Kind of new here (much more of a lurker) and just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should proceed with this extended warranty or not...

Basically, I purchased my Presara in 2010 from Western Toyota in Guildford (Sydney) and they offer an extended warranty program if you chose to service at their place after the manufacturer's warranty expired. Now I've been told the services are all at a fixed cost of $220, but are in 6 month intervals as opposed to the normal 9 months...

The extended warranty covers a list of things (unfortunately I can't list them as I don't have it with me).

Does this seem like a good deal or do you think I'll end up spending more?

Cheers.

This sounds more like the insurance type of warranty. Worst one out there. The only type of warranty if you want to go extended is Toyota Extra Care Extended Factory Warranty, it's pretty much your original new car 3 year warranty extended for another 3 years. Best thing ever. I saved a sh*t load of money with this.
  • Like 1

The big question is bro.

Up to how much will they pay?

I have purchased a few newer cars from dealers and that's the only question on my mind...

Example

we will cover all parts contain in the head assembly.... Good right?

BUT we will only pay up to $2500.

You crack a head in a 2010 Presara $2500 will maybe cover parts and a bit of labour

The rest is on you

I sucks I know so read the fine print.

I purchased my 2010 ZR6 from CMI toyota in SA . Their extended warranty covers everything the new car does, no limit on individual incident payments.

Bout only for 2 more year and it cost $1200

Also now my car is being moded it doesn't even matter haha.

Hope this helps man

On my 07, the whole head was replaced at no charge what so ever, transmission computer and a whole list of other goodies that would have cost hundreds of thousands if I never paid the $1300 for the extended warranty.

Sorry for the delayed response and thanks for the feedback guys.

I read the fine print and apparently you can only make a total claim of $3000 during the extended warranty - with each claim at a max of $1000. Seems like a shoddy deal to me given that some parts can cost nearly $1000 already (i.e. the driver seat motor and rail which I got replaced before my manufacturer warranty expired)...

If that's the case, where would another good place be to get my car serviced? I'm not competent enough to change my own oils and stuff, so would really just need someone else to do it (never really tried Ultratune and my one time experience with a Midas has been bitter - they were bloody expensive). Also, is it a good idea to get your own gear for them rather than rely on the service place?