Head unit

Techgfx

Hiyas all,

Just curious on what the deal is with head units on corollas. I know there are spacers you can get etc, but are there any other options?

Thanks.

options to do what? to fill the gap? if so then yes thats what the spacers are for

Hiyas,

Thanks for the reply. I might measure the size of a double din and see how it compares. In my opinion single din looks awquard.

double din u'll still need spacers on each side as i have one installed.

toyota make their headunits bigger and unique in size for some reason :( u won't find one on the market that'll fit in perfectly. that's why toyota sell them spacers/butterflies for about $15 each.

Hiyas,

Thanks for the reply. I might measure the size of a double din and see how it compares. In my opinion single din looks awquard.

toyota make their headunits bigger and unique in size for some reason :( u won't find one on the market that'll fit in perfectly. that's why toyota sell them spacers/butterflies for about $15 each.

Stock Double DIN single CD player on Corollas require spacers on either side... The 6-stacker from the Sportivo doesn't require spacers, as I found out when I swaped my Stock single CD to a 6-stacker....

Hiyas,

single din looks normal .. and u get a tray

most the good HU are single

Hiyas,

Stock Double DIN single CD player on Corollas require spacers on either side... The 6-stacker from the Sportivo doesn't require spacers, as I found out when I swaped my Stock single CD to a 6-stacker....

yeh the newer headunits don't need the spacers as they're wider than the older ones. newer single disc players dont require spacers either.

toyota make their headunits bigger and unique in size for some reason  :( u won't find one on the market that'll fit in perfectly. that's why toyota sell them spacers/butterflies for about $15 each.

Peter Warren Toyota (Warwick Farm, NSW) have them for $7.50 last time I got them..

I'll guarantee you'll always find it cheaper online.

But there's always the risk of it being lost in transit.

I've experienced some JVC, Pioneer and Clarion systems that sound rather nice.

I've got a Kenwood in mine ATM. Nothing flash but I got it cheaper than the others at the time and it did everything I wanted it to.

SQ isn't all that bad on the Kenwood either.

If you're really into SQ, then I guess Alpine (from what I'm told), Pioneer or JVC (from what I've heard). Otherwise you won't really hear the difference if you're not that big a SQ fan.

the thing with sound quality is, you can have the most expensive, amazing head unit on the market, and still have a crappy sound system... i have a clarion head unit (pretty high end of the line), and its awesome... but i dont use it to its potential because i have a cheap amp... i guess the thing is i can get everything out of the amp with a good head unit...

the point is, i like clarion units, and i have heard good JVC, and Pioneer stereos. I'm actually yet to hear an alpine head unit in person! But they are known for their quality.

and with the spacers - SHOP AROUND!!! I was ripped off by Pennant Hills Toyota - $30 FOR THE SPACERS!!! Friggen hell what a ripoff! I was in a rush to get them cos I was dying to get my system in when my head unit arrived.

I ordered mine on ebay - got it for about 65% of the retail price, with shipping, but i dont get a warranty... so im hoping it wont break in the next 9 months or so :P .. in my opinion, its worth getting something online, specially on ebay, cos you can get it WAY cheaper... but you gotta be careful and you're taking a risk with the warranty...