Performance ECU AE112

Just curious what do you guys make of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Toyota-Corolla-OBD-Performance-Flash-Chip-/220640095260?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2000%7CModel%3ACorolla&vxp=mtr&hash=item335f2cac1c

Would it make much of a difference? worth the money? not going to f*** anything up?

I thought it could possibly be a simple way to get a bit of extra go without spending a huge amount and having to do any major mods.

Cool, now I know to give up on that idea and focus on real things! Maybe a Pod air filter :)

not even, thats just for sound.

focus on things like, suspension or better tyres, perhaps a front strut or a rear sway, change some bushes.

so basically what your saying is the only right way to do this is to replace the ECU?

Don't bother unless you have a lot of extra work done to the engine too - mate had the exact same model 7AFE as me, same mods (I took his exhaust and intake when he parted his car out) except he had a shaved head and eManage piggyback ECU and only put out ~6kw more at the wheels, despite several thousand dollars worth of work.

In short, in these cars the best performance upgrades come from handling mods until you look at turbos or swapping in a 4AGE or 3S engine

• Like 1