Head rest DVD screens

heathaurion

Hey again,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my last post about upgrading to leather seats.

my question today is about the dvd screens in the back of the head rests, do they need to be plugged into a head deck or is the entire workings already built into the seat? and will the power that powers the electric seats also power the screens?

(I gather they need to be plugged into a headdeck and if so can anyone tell me what headdeck I should use? I only want toyota genuine/lookalike as I dont like the look of the aftermarket headdecks and the silver facepaltes)

$T2eC16NHJG4FJ4FQiGscBSeKZ!M(2!~~60_35.J

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to run cables for video and audio too...

I bought some head rests with screens. Try finding some off the shelf that can fit into a trd aurion seat!!!!

I didnt use them in the end.

I have installed a few sets of the aftermarket head rests with inbuilt screens. These are the Complete head rests with the screens pre built/installed into the rest. They are cheaper vinyl type in 3 colours and have adjustable slide type brackets to suit most cars. The quality of these screens is average.

They are all plug and play compatible to run with the desired head unit you have purchased and pre installed.

They usually have a mini (or micro) din pin or plug that supplies power and signal direct from your head unit.

I am not aware of any factory aurion units that work as such.

If you decide to take the after market head unit path to be able to run the remote screen units, please take the time to search the forums and read the threads posted on after markets units. Others may wish to link these threads for you.