Aftermarket Headunit

frantic_zze

Hi all,

I've just signed up, though i have been reading the forum reguarly over the last year. I drive a 2003 sportivo, and have just started tinkering with the idea of getting some better audio into the car.

After searching extensively, and not really finding out exactly what i needed, i thought id register and just ask =)

1) Due to lack of funds, I've decided to just get a decent mp3 compataible HU first, and go from there. I've been informed that super cheap auto sell wiring harnesses which will ease the installation.

Question is, will the stock speakers handle the extra power from the HU? and would there be a noticible difference in audio quality (is it worth it?)

2) Also, how much have people paid for the left and right spacers? and does anyone have a part number for a compartment which would go bellow the headunit? I'm looking for one which is just a hole, where i can store my phone/wallet.

Many thanks in advance for your replies :)

Hi all,

I've just signed up, though i have been reading the forum reguarly over the last year. I drive a 2003 sportivo, and have just started tinkering with the idea of getting some better audio into the car.

After searching extensively, and not really finding out exactly what i needed, i thought id register and just ask =)

1) Due to lack of funds, I've decided to just get a decent mp3 compataible HU first, and go from there. I've been informed that super cheap auto sell wiring harnesses which will ease the installation.

Question is, will the stock speakers handle the extra power from the HU? and would there be a noticible difference in audio quality (is it worth it?)

2) Also, how much have people paid for the left and right spacers? and does anyone have a part number for a compartment which would go bellow the headunit? I'm looking for one which is just a hole, where i can store my phone/wallet.

Many thanks in advance for your replies  :)

im looking at getting a new headunit soon too

goign price for the spacers is $15

and anyone who installs can get u a tray for the other dinn .. they bout $20

very low chance your standard speakers will blow or anything with just a headunit upgrade, unless your constantly playing at loud volumes, in which case they would be distorting anyway because they're wattage rating isn't very high.

yes, you'll notice a difference in sound... how much depends on what type of headunit you purchase, but don't expect extreme results.

i paid $15 each for my spacers... but i've read they can be purchased for around $7.50 each now.

thanks for the quick replies guys much appreciated.

My mate whos going to help me source a headunit suggested i look for something that has a RRP of around 5-600, that way it will allow me to introduce amp/sub/splits in the future when i have the funds, definately want to head towards quality instead of doof doof =)

anyway thanks again guys, will be shopping tomorrow for the headunit

My mate whos going to help me source a headunit suggested i look for something that has a RRP of around 5-600, that way it will allow me to introduce amp/sub/splits in the future when i have the funds, definately want to head towards quality instead of doof doof =)

That's the way :D

i just got JB HiFi to match ebay price bwhahahaha

$440 for pioneer 7750MP and they had it REDUCED for $689 in the shop bwhahahaah

get this headunit man.. its the bomb

if u need to show them the competitot price.. show them auaudio's website i think its www.auaudio.com or .au

i just got JB HiFi to match ebay price bwhahahaha

$440 for pioneer 7750MP and they had it REDUCED for $689 in the shop bwhahahaah

get this headunit man.. its the bomb

if u need to show them the competitot price.. show them auaudio's website i think its www.auaudio.com or .au

wow nice...

the profit they make <_<

• 2 weeks later...
get speaker 1st then head unit if you cannot afford the two together. U get better improvement and not having the chance of distorting your std speaker.

id get headunit, frotn speakers, amp, sub/amp

in that order

i jsut got pioneer p1y and sounds awesome with stock speakers wbut when i turn it up its all muffled and distorted..

Ok, this doesnt have much to do with the topic .. but I just got my amp and sub installed today.. these are working together with the stock head unit and stock speakers .. also have an rca converter installed.. and it sounds awesome ! :)

Just letting u guys know .. :P

dams the web site www.auaudio.com  has some relaly good prices!!

i was looking at Jbhifi at JVC KD-AVX1 and they were seeling it for 1450

the site sells it for 860!!

try ebay.. its $650 including postage.

I have that unit installed with my stock speakers and it sounds really good!

no need to upgrade the stockies unless it blows i guess B)