Funny Noise Coming from the car.

Hi all,

I'm getting a softish croak sound coming from the LHS front vicinity of the car.

Its vaguely periodic (but not as regular as if there were some thing to do with the rotation of the tyre) and happens more often when i'm on a bit of bumpy road.

I'm worried that the ppl that installed my springs didn't sit it good, but then again i sent it back to them for the alignment a week after the install and they said all was good.

What may it be?

check your nuts, might be loose, did your get cv's put in for your rims?

Nah, thats the first thing i checked man. the nust are tight as. and my rims sit flush on the rotor, so no need for cv...

im getting my car lowered at suspension city 2morro or thursday, i hope i dont get the same problem =P

My car has so much air resistance underneath after new wheels that is sounds like a 4x4. Damn falken tyres :P

tried taking off the wheel and taking a thorough look? maybe rocks and stuff in your tyres causing friction noises =P

or some rocks and stuff got onto you chasis somewhere in that area. But i doubt that would be the case.

Else my guess would be something along the lines with bearings but thats going way... wayyyy.... tooo far.

Go to pedders or something and get a suspension safety check (29 bux i think) if you suspect its a suspension problem

Edited by Mello

Just nipped off the the mechs for aquick spot check and he reakons it sounds like something that isn't under load that's loose... :blink: Suggestions on what the hell is there that's "not underload" in that area? Ill be taking the well off after work to have a look.

Crap, i spent just hours ripping out everything thats possibly rattling on that side of the car.

And after no air box, no resonator box no nothing. Still the noise comes back...

Hope its not the sussy... i'm too poor atm for that kind of major mod.

how much for a new set of shocks?

standard stuff is

front shocks - $265

rear shocks -$215

installation cost variable upon location. approx 400+

info found here

at that price you might as well save a little more and get konis and install them urself :lol:

standard stuff is

front shocks - $265

rear shocks -$215

info found here

at that price you might as well save a little more and get konis and install them urself  :lol:

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

Mech just rang, it was a loose bolt on the sussy strut!

*whew*

woah lucky u.. i just found out the reason why my wheels were making so much noise, the cv's were stuck on the hub instead of the actual wheel. :blink: causing a grinding plastic/metal sound.

removed some of my cv's =P and has lowered the noise conciderably. CV's r useless -_-

standard stuff is

front shocks - $265

rear shocks -$215

info found here

at that price you might as well save a little more and get konis and install them urself  :lol:

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

*whew*

how do I locate and tighten this as im getting this problems also with the LHS croaking now and then.

HEHEhehehe Kev im glad u found the problem in the strut!!! But..... have u found the little gremlin i put in ur bag when u came down to sydney?????!!!!Cos he's now running loose in your car!!!! :lol: :P :D ^_^ *EVIL LAUGH* MMuuuuAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAAA!!!!!! :blink:

woah lucky u.. i just found out the reason why my wheels were making so much noise, the cv's were stuck on the hub instead of the actual wheel.  :blink: causing a grinding plastic/metal sound.

removed some of my cv's =P and has lowered the noise conciderably. CV's r useless -_-

Do you know what a CV is? if so... how did you remove "some" of your CV's :P

standard stuff is

front shocks - $265

rear shocks -$215

info found here

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

*whew*

how do I locate and tighten this as im getting this problems also with the LHS croaking now and then.

i dunno exactly which ones he did man

but i think its the 3 o the top inside the engine bay...

CV is the plastic/metal/rubber ring placed on your "aftermarket" wheels for them to personally fit your car. Different makes require different sizes to fit.

do not mistake them for the joint/bolts

I used a flat head screw driver and chizelled them out off the hub. :rolleyes:

CV is the plastic/metal/rubber ring placed on your "aftermarket" wheels for them to personally fit your car. Different makes require different sizes to fit.

do not mistake them for the joint/bolts

I used a flat head screw driver and chizelled them out off the hub.  :rolleyes:

It's called a hub ring mate. :blink: The only thing I've ever heard called a CV is exactly that; A CV joint aka driveshaft or to be technical a constant velocity joint.

By taking off your "CV's" you are prolly now likely to experience balancing problems with your wheels. ;)

hehehe, I was pretty sure you had NFI what a CV was... Silva's right, the thing you're talking about is the locator ring.

if you took out the CV it would look more like this:

shaft8.jpg

LOL really?

go to a tyre shop and say that :lol:

coze thats wat they told me it was @ tyrepower (pro)

i got my wheels checked there 2 days ago =P

Edited by Mello

LOL my dad and gramps are mechanics and we r perfectly well aware of the meaning of CV

:lol:

you wanna know why i said it was CV?

bcoze wen i walked into tyre power and asked for hub rings... they were like... WTF?

wat is a hubring.... "let us have a look at your car"

Edited by Mello

cool, so they shouldn't be silly enough to call a locator ring a "CV" ;)

My tyre shops are well aware of what a locator ring is :D

Edited by rollamods