Toyota GPS system

grimlock

it replaces the your factory double-din cd-player. and u get a touch screen in place of it. it plays you music as well but i'm not sure if u it can do DVD. the sound in them aren't very good imho, just beware that its very difficult to get an amp to it if u wanna get better sound.

My mate has it in his ZR Celica...

It looks good and is fun to play with but not worth the big $$$

It has a In dash 6 stacker and in dash tape deck behind the screen.

But it cant play DVD's... the screen is like only 16 colours or something...

It give great directions though!!!

the toyota maps are on dvd discs. therefore you can update them like you would Melways or Sydways or the like. It is easily burnt if you have dvd burner.

they sit in the dvd rom underneath the passenger seat. the lastest units have a newer firmware in the dvd rom which has a new user interface(blue instead of brown) more like the bmw ones.

• 10 months later...

hey... the guy across from me has the gps system in his rav 4. i can burn u a copy of the disc if u like... im in melbourne but the disc is australian wide... becoz i was playing around with it and it had directions for every state.

cheers,

brandon.

I've got the Sat Nav System in my Azura. I also have the latest disc. If you have ANY questions about it, I'd be more than happy to fire off some answers.

It's a nifty unit - double DIN and blends in well with my Camry's facade. The most annoying thing about it is that you can't input new locations to seek whilst the car is in motion :angry:

It doesn't have 3D fly-over like some other SatNav, but I like its touch screen functionality and when compared to the unit in the Rover 75, recalculates alternative routes much more quickly if you miss a turn.

The manufacturer of the unit is Denso.

Some basic info about SatNav in general can be found at the denso website: http://www.denso.com.au/satnav_main.htm