air conditioning filter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mines more of a dampness smell.

Bit like a wet towel thats been creased up and stuffed in a basket, if you ever smell it, its got a mouldy kinda smell.

Goes away if i put the fan on high for about a minute, then everything is back to normal.

This is very close to what I am experiencing. I would add some kind of smell like warming the wet towel!

I think it should be related to condensation of vapour, and I am wondering if the a/c system involves some kind of heater to equilibrate temperature or avoid vapour condensation.

I thought my problem was on the filter but you do not have it ! Then something is bad designed in Corolla's a/c-vent system.

hmmmm

thats pretty sucky that so many came without that filter.

i wonder if i have it... <_<

anyone know off hand how much they cost?

Hey guys I have a 1ZZ and it didnt come with one either! stinko!

My description of the smell would be a sweaty stink? u know that smell of clothes when they arent properly dried off yet. yeah...that smell

Went to toyota to get one today.

COST roughly about $21 each.

Hey guys I have a 1ZZ and it didnt come with one either! stinko!

My description of the smell would be a sweaty stink? u know that smell of clothes when they arent properly dried off yet. yeah...that smell

Went to toyota to get one today.

COST roughly about $21 each.

can you get a pic and part number for it please?

i went to phil gilbert (i think thats the name) toyota today and enquired about the air con filter and they told me that there was no filter that came with the corolla. they said they might be able to get a lexus one, as all lexus models come with a filter, but it would cost 70 or 80 bucks... stuff that...

how annoying is this lack of a/c filter?!

yeah just checked mine and its not there.

probably wouldnt have known that it was missing had i not read this section lol

i went to phil gilbert (i think thats the name) toyota today and enquired about the air con filter and they told me that there was no filter that came with the corolla. they said they might be able to get a lexus one, as all lexus models come with a filter, but it would cost 70 or 80 bucks... stuff that...

that seems a bit weird that toyota made a spot for the filter but didnt make an actual filter for it?

are u serious?

then what did i order?

hmm i better inquire about it tomomrow

are u serious?

then what did i order?

hmm i better inquire about it tomomrow

LOL!

Pics + Part number please, i wanna make some inquiries too!

Hey Fellas, an update on my purchase.

It turns out that you CAN'T get corolla-specific air con filter from toyota.

Some of teh folk working at Toyota are seriously stupid...he ordered the air con filter CASE for me? the hek?

and when it arrived then he realised that they dont make a corolla air con filter.

Then tried to sell me a ECHO filter to put in my rolla which would cost $62!

in the end i got my money back.

And still have a damp smelling air con <_<

The a/c filter is also called a pollen filter it is very thin almost see through. and is mainly for

filtering pollen and dust.

it wont make the air con smell better.

to make the air con smell better you need to use a anti fungus type spray they you spray down the intake duct's

infront of the windscreen.

Glenn

id better chek it out too.. coz mine smells too...... hmmm... it smells like my 2 yr old nephew wet his pants...

yay.. group buy!!!

but i reckon... i wont b using the a/c much nowadays.... winter is coming.. and the petrol... $1.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

but wt the heck

Edited by XploShun

nah i dont experience those sorts of smells... they are a really weird smell... almost as if something is dead in my air-con <_< ... but the weirdest thing is that i only experience it sometimes. so the smell has nothing to do with the outside world. it happens somewhere between my vents and my intake..

Tell your girlfriend to stop farting in the car!

:P jokes

jason (eggbert) told me a quickfix solution to the air con smell... dunno how effective it is yet, but i havent had bad smells so far...

get some glen 20 air freshener spray stuff, and stick your head under your dash, and spray it right up into the feet air vents... apparently his old man had the same problem and that fixed it...

so give it a shot...

ill let you know how it goes...

There're article on internet "try yahoo" regarding this "Air Con smell", it happen not just to our corolla, but most cars.....it has to do with mould & germs in the air con system. Aust. Corolla doesn't come with the filter as far as i know, I think they have it for the Jap local one. I put a piece of Activated Carbon Filter bought from the local aquarim last week. It seems helping a bit, but it's still early to tell...but the down side is it lowered the fan power.

I knew there was a company that sell those "activated carbon filter" for home air con on the internet, but I can't find it on yahoo anymore. If anyone find one, please tell us. I think that would help lot better :)

By the way, from one of the article i read, if you turn off the air con 2 mins before you arrive your destination, that would help dry up the moisture in the air con unit, and reduce the chance of having the mould and germs to grow in the unit.

Hope this help.

Edited by vin corolla

yeah just an update on my glen 20 situation

the smell seems to come after the car is warmed up running for a while without air con and then i go and turn it on... but yesterday i did that (on the way up to wisemans), and the smell was only very faint... so it seems to have worked... maybe another dose will finish the job!