air conditioning filter

I dont think its a great idea to spray stuff into the air con.

you are really only covering and masking the stink smell with a nice smell.

not really eliminating the germs...unless u were spraying like ajax or something

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not really eliminating the germs...unless u were spraying like ajax or something

spraying ajax? :huh:

Glen 20 is anti bactierial... so it dosent just cover up the smell ... (thats their whole selling point on their ads)

hmmm spraying ajax ... hehehehheh you could squirt ....

if i can be bothered, ill get you a photo..

but basically if you look under your steering wheel, there is this square white plastic hole that is the vent for your feet... its tucked right up against the centre console side of the foot well... and its got a line through the middle, so it looks like 2 rectangles... if that makes sense....

same deal on the passenger side...

• 3 months later...

i remember a mate from uni talking bout a prank where one p!ssed on the grille of someone they didnt like in order to foul up the smell of the aircon...

urban legend or loosely based on truth?

• 4 weeks later...

In all of the Corollas we've played with (smashed/stripped/running), NONE have had this filter fitted, only the little tray... We were pretty interested too but then we came to thinking... As some others have said in previous posts, it's not for filtering the smell of the air but rather the nasty things floating in the atmosphere like pollen and pollution (there'd be plently of pollution in Japan wouldn't there? It's got a fairly hefty manufacturing industry doesn't it? Lot's of cities etc), so I'd assume in other countries the filters are fitted.

In my '98 Camry, towards the middle of summer, I'd drive the car somewhere with the A/C on, park it for a while, and when I got back in that humid sort of fungus smell came through the vents... And whoever said turn the A/C off a few minutes before you arrive is spot on... I have no explanation for it but he's correct... I guess when you have cold air meeting with hot/humid air, there has to be some kind of moisture being deposited on the inside of the vents....

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I got sick of the stench from the M5 and other peoples exhaust fumes.

So I got the below filter specifically made for our cars.

It is a Ryco Air conditioning filter part number RCA140P

Website

http://www.rycofilters.com.au/catalogue/pr...la/part/RCA140P

IMG_0023.jpg

I got it from my local Repco for $53 and it fits perfectly took 5 seconds to install.

Cheers,

GAZOOM

Edited by GAZOOM

I haven't gone through the M5 yet but it has helped.

I will confirm for sure after my next trip through the M5.

The best ones are the carbon filter they knock out the smells and odors for sure but just can't find any for our cars.

The best ones are the carbon filter they knock out the smells and odors for sure but just can't find any for our cars.

dude i went to my local autobarn this morning - they dont have it in stock but they sell the ryco cabin filter for $39!

Edited by JJCRU23R

dude i went to my local autobarn this morning - they dont have it in stock but they sell the ryco cabin filter for $39!

Good on u. Will ask autobarn for it. :lol:

Part No. is WACF 0014 for a 2003 Corolla Sportivo and the wesfil filter fits like a glove. I'm not sure if 1zz have a different sized filter tray because in their wesfil product catalog it had a different part no. WACF 0015. Best to take your tray in to the store and see for yourself.

CABIN1.JPG

CABIN2.JPG