trader's section

sportiyo

• 1 month later...

dont understand why they wont allow this, its good for everyone

not really. coz then u get very skewed views on product "evaluations". and then u also get some amazingly keen ppl promoting specific products. messy, lots of conflict of interests, pandora's box.

as it is, u never know who's getting kickbacks from certain products these days.

• 2 weeks later...

dont understand why they wont allow this, its good for everyone

We do not allow any company to trade and have any commercial gain unless they pay for the privilage to do so.

We pay alot of money to keep these sites running and for someone to make money from our expense is something we are not interested in having.

If a dealer wishes to pay a monthly fixed fee and trade then we are happy for them to trade.

Sorry, but you have to see it from our point of view. The club is more important than a quick deal from a trader we know nothing about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We do not allow any company to trade and have any commercial gain unless they pay for the privilage to do so.

We pay alot of money to keep these sites running and for someone to make money from our expense is something we are not interested in having.

If a dealer wishes to pay a monthly fixed fee and trade then we are happy for them to trade.

Sorry, but you have to see it from our point of view. The club is more important than a quick deal from a trader we know nothing about.

Bump

At the moment I don't have something else so I'll just continue to harp on about this.

If the CES products are pinned, then the old 'Where to get parts' and 'Part Numbers' posts should be pinned up again. Fair is Fair isn't it?

Sorry to make myself clear, I know you've added them to the 'Please read here first thread', but that's no longer prominent and honestly that thread isn't really read by newcomers, as shown by the continued repeats.

Bump

IZZ-FE has every right to be questioning the policy as quoted from Steve... As far as anyone is aware CES is not a sponsor of this forum and as you told me this morning Northy they have not payed for the privilage for their products to be advertised on the forum... You say Steve has given you the okay to put the post up so either this means Steve is contradicting his own words or the rules no longer apply... I just think IF ONE COMPANY IS ALLOWED TO HAVE THEIR PRODUCT ADVERTISED AND PINNED AT THE TOP OF THE FORUMS WHY CANT OTHERS... Now people may come on here and argue that Trevor @ CES is the only one doing the work to develop these products for the sportivo but the fact is he is still making a profit from them and with every sale from someone who see's the products advertised here this becomes commercial gain from the forum...

my 2c