tried doing the coolant bypass mod

tinkz

i tried doing the coolant bypass mod but i couldnt properly see or get proper access to the hoses i have to remove since the celica engine bay is so tight and hoses everywhere near the throttle body.

what did u guys do to make things easier to do the mod? i removed the intake hose and there was still not good enough access to the hoses, maybe i have to remove the battery aswell?

is this mod really worth doing? even all the hassle

Mate I wouldnt waste my time, it's one of those mythical mods that adds jack shiet. If you cant access the hoses dont bother, all you will do is flush coolant everywhere and end up in a mess.

im assuming you have done the mod then????

Mate I wouldnt waste my time, it's one of those mythical mods that adds jack shiet. If you cant access the hoses dont bother, all you will do is flush coolant everywhere and end up in a mess.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally wrong there lucio

when they design a car it needs to be able to run in extreme heat and extreme cold, so they put the coolant through the throttle body so that it wont freeze up. I have the TRD thermostat and it does make a diff, car takes longer to warm up and also runs cooler during normal operation.

when they design a car it needs to be able to run in extreme heat and extreme cold, so they put the coolant through the throttle body so that it wont freeze up. I have the TRD thermostat and it does make a diff, car takes longer to warm up and also runs cooler during normal operation.

Thanks for the reply.

You obviously suggest using the TRD thermostat for warm climates. Is it OK to stay on the car also in mild winter (rarely below 0C)?

Concerning the coolant bypass, is their any chance that in some cases the throttle body would need a cooling effect from the coolant? (if its temperature gets higher than the coolant's temperature)

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally wrong there lucio

Stop believing in fairys man, its an unproven thing and its totally un-noticeable. Its one of those theories that hasent been proven yet. In theory it works, but in reality makes no difference. I have it done just for the record, but if you can think that you can tell the power diff of 1-2 kw then youre dreaming. But anyway you can prove im wrong by supplying a dynosheet???? :) rite? Does the air passing through the throttle body have enough time to heat up to a degree where it makes a difference before entering the combustion chamber?

Edited by lucio_libre

you're not making more power with coolant bypass, so u can stop dreaming about that bit. it did however prevent u from potential loss of power during hot condition.

Best thing to do is, try it, then tell us about it. cost you 4 bucks for the brass coupler and half an hour job at max.