NOOBs Guide to MOD

RME1

Ive got the superlows, yeah you do have to be a bit careful on speed humps when you are in the car by yourself but when you have mates in the back, lets just say that acute angles are used and still some scrapping.....I had 2 friends in the back and i could barely fit my fingers between the tyre and the wheel arch, thats with 50 series on the back with the stock wheels

The handling is unbelievable though, very little body roll

far out...

yeah... the wanna rid the body roll... it highly annoying... reckon i'd have any problems with scraping on lows???? would i hafta take acute angles????

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive got the superlows, yeah you do have to be a bit careful on speed humps when you are in the car by yourself but when you have mates in the back, lets just say that acute angles are used and still some scrapping.....I had 2 friends in the back and i could barely fit my fingers between the tyre and the wheel arch, thats with 50 series on the back with the stock wheels

The handling is unbelievable though, very little body roll

far out...

yeah... the wanna rid the body roll... it highly annoying... reckon i'd have any problems with scraping on lows???? would i hafta take acute angles????

Its about a 15mm height difference so i guess that would make a bit more of a difference when getting over speed bumps, but in the end, its going to be your personal preference :)

ktse1881, just picked them up today....$125 for both eyeliods and grille!!!

bargain the hell outta them, cause i reckon u can go 110 easy - it's plastic, no primer, a little bit rough, but nothing a good sanding can't fix ...how much were ur lovells springs? i'm lookin' into springs atms - pay day in two weeks $_$

Quick runnning total:

-lights (lowbeam + parkers) ; $65

-eyelids $40

-grille $85

-paint + primer $23

-sand paper (400 + 1200 grit) $2

total spent = $215

B)

u say paint n primer 23 bux?

did u paint it urself?

how'd u paint ur grille n eyelids for so cheap.. cause the only thing stopping me buying them

is the cost of painting them?

cheers

c-rolla

painting it ourselves is a no no for moi. kinda tough as you have to match the colour though it seems easy to do unless you wanna follow the COLOUR CODE that's located on the information plate in the engine compartment of your ride.

RME1 got it painted professionally for $100 which I reckon should be the right price as MJ Motors in Springvale does it for nearly the same price too. since you are into it, might as well get it done nicely right? ;)

that springval place sounds very good pricing for the eye lid and grill, where abouts in springval man? and did they paint both the eye lid and grill for 100???so if i only get the grill is like 50 to paint it??

ktse1881, just picked them up today....$125 for both eyeliods and grille!!!

bargain the hell outta them, cause i reckon u can go 110 easy - it's plastic, no primer, a little bit rough, but nothing a good sanding can't fix ...how much were ur lovells springs? i'm lookin' into springs atms - pay day in two weeks $_$

Quick runnning total:

-lights (lowbeam + parkers) ; $65

-eyelids $40

-grille $85

-paint + primer $23

-sand paper (400 + 1200 grit) $2

total spent = $215

B)

u say paint n primer 23 bux?

did u paint it urself?

how'd u paint ur grille n eyelids for so cheap.. cause the only thing stopping me buying them

is the cost of painting them?

cheers

c-rolla

painting it ourselves is a no no for moi. kinda tough as you have to match the colour though it seems easy to do unless you wanna follow the COLOUR CODE that's located on the information plate in the engine compartment of your ride.

RME1 got it painted professionally for $100 which I reckon should be the right price as MJ Motors in Springvale does it for nearly the same price too. since you are into it, might as well get it done nicely right? ;)

that springval place sounds very good pricing for the eye lid and grill, where abouts in springval man? and did they paint both the eye lid and grill for 100???so if i only get the grill is like 50 to paint it??

It is called MJ Jap Motors (1/39 Osborne Avenue, Springvale/03-95485837). Those dudes are panel beaters, spray painters, servicing all rolled into one. Look for Alex and ask him to hook you up. Yes, $100 for both eyelids and grille. The colour matching and code?...priceless match. haha.

It is called MJ Jap Motors (1/39 Osborne Avenue, Springvale/03-95485837). Those dudes are panel beaters, spray painters, servicing all rolled into one. Look for Alex and ask him to hook you up. Yes, $100 for both eyelids and grille. The colour matching and code?...priceless match. haha.

awsome, thx lots, i will go there and check it out

$100 dollars later, and she's lookin' alright, the panel place is highly recommended, nice fijian bloke:

Q & K PANELS

13/57-59 Melverton Driver, Hallam Vic 3803

ask for Freddie

- will post pics later tonight :lol:

And in all her glory... :ph34r: Cruisin' round the east side near u! ho ho ho, watch out boxhill!

Edited by RME1

where did u get the mesh from for the grill?

The grill comes with the mesh, it's all sweet, just a bit of rectangular itdy bity bits and u cut down to size, thsoe things are sharp as! ...it would skin a chicken alive i reckon :lol:

u like? :rolleyes:

where did u get the mesh from for the grill?

The grill comes with the mesh, it's all sweet, just a bit of rectangular itdy bity bits and u cut down to size, thsoe things are sharp as! ...it would skin a chicken alive i reckon :lol:

u like? :rolleyes:

its alrite... not bad... but u still got some honda print on ur car.

please relocate the horn... ;)

How do u do that? ... <_<

I need some suspension now....any suggestions?

judging from the comments on the forums, sport low (Kings) are better handling? is there any place in melbourne that does it for cheap? ...i.e. less than 350?

How do u do that? ... <_<

I need some suspension now....any suggestions?

judging from the comments on the forums, sport low (Kings) are better handling? is there any place in melbourne that does it for cheap? ...i.e. less than 350?

:) i tot u found the place already for it? anyway, i'm on Lovells Sports Lows (Sp/L) fitted in by Mr.Muffler at the Glen Waverley Branch. Look for either Jay(the boss) or Glenn (the installer) and they will hook u up. Glenn did a very nice job on my ride and it is sweet as, ever since. they did mine for $340, so it is BEST that you say you got a quote from a shop for $330 and ask him to top that.

if you are still gunning for Kings Lows then Mr.Rubber in Richmond might be your place. Unlike Mr.Muffler, these guys also do the alignment for ya making it convenient. however, everyone recommends you to ride the springs out for the first 1 to 2weeks or 200/300kms to let it get settled in then only get the alignment done. your choice, your pick mate! ;)

Edited by ktse1881

Hey i was at army today and a guy told me that Repco sell King springs for 'Rollas for arounds 100 bucks (front and rear individual, of course) ...Tall tales :unsure: or true? has anyone checked out Repco? I might ring them up tomorrow and inquire

*edit* - went to Repco today...they sell tien shockers for 1700 ... $_$ not for project EL CHEAPO and king springs low *only* for $165 - what a rip! Autobahn sell for $145!!! - that's front and rears :P

IT looks like AUtobhan? ...how much do u STIVO/ 'ROLLA gurus think it would cost just for install? any suggested places?

yes KTSE1881 i shall investigate Mr. Muffler at glen waverly - is that on springvale road? as well as Mr Rubber .. is there any places around the doncaster area? MOTOMAN - where did u get ur gizmo gadgets springs installed, cuase i'm sorta round your area - any Bell St shops worth a mention?

Edited by RME1

Hey i was at army today and a guy told me that Repco sell King springs for 'Rollas for arounds 100 bucks (front and rear individual, of course) ...Tall tales :unsure: or true? has anyone checked out Repco? I might ring them up tomorrow and inquire

*edit* - went to Repco today...they sell tien shockers for 1700 ... $_$ not for project EL CHEAPO and king springs low *only* for $165 - what a rip! Autobahn sell for $145!!! - that's front and rears :P

IT looks like AUtobhan? ...how much do u STIVO/ 'ROLLA gurus think it would cost just for install? any suggested places?

yes KTSE1881 i shall investigate Mr. Muffler at glen waverly - is that on springvale road? as well as Mr Rubber .. is there any places around the doncaster area? MOTOMAN - where did u get ur gizmo gadgets springs installed, cuase i'm sorta round your area - any Bell St shops worth a mention?

hi jules,

its along High Street. check out www.mrmufflers.com.au ;-)

cheers mate!

are u saying that it cost 145 the set of 4?

nar man -

145 for front

145 for rear

but no price differenece for either low or super low...weird, huh?

i checked out the Tyre Factory today at dandenong...such bad service - the dude tried to sell me some pedders springs for 400!!! ...ermm...hello?

IS THIS TRUE: the dude told me i HAVE to get full shockers inorder to cater for King springs - i have the 2003 conquest pre face lift version- but judging from the comments on the forums, i can still use coil overs on stock shockers?

:angry:

Jules,

To every retailer.....you are a BULLSEYE for BUSINESS....so there goes the marketing talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.........

all the best mate! :)

Thanks heaps for the encouragement :P i went to see Mr Muffler today...they were CLOSED!!! at 5:15 ? ... :angry: i suppose they open at 8...lol, my workin' hours are 815- 5...so including traffic...i'm just gonners :huh: - but definately going there, ur ride looks subtly hot - how goes she atm?

i've been reading that some ppls have leaking springs if run on stock suspension ?

is that becuase the springs are just TOO low? ...i.e on Super lows? - i'm really digging lovells sport lows atm, i'm not seeing any complaints about those bad boys at all - 'reckon i can bargain down to 320, ktse1881 did u haggle?

AND THOSE FRIKKIN' EYELIDS ...double sided tap won't do...what do u other eyelidded 'stivos and rolla girls and boys use? (hopefully something not too permanent?)

Cheers,

Jules

-if u see a dude in a fairly bright red cap, nike sunnys and a VERY tall 'rolla (compared to u lowered ppls) weaving in and outta traffic like mad, give me a toot ;) i reloated the horn...so i disabled one of them, and now it sounds like the most annoying horn u've ever heard -high mariah carey style screamer :ph34r:

So i have! ...now it sounds like a high pitch very annoying beeepp! ...think road runner 'beep beep' - i detached the protruding horn (there is two) :lol:

Hey, i have a general question for the sportivo's ppls...is the driving vision of a 'stivo rolla, still just as "bad" as a normal rolla? i.e. do u lack 'beyond-the-windscreen' vision? for example, with the old school '94 rolla that the old man has, u can actually see the bonnet and drive the pants off it as hard and as fast as u can, but with the ridiculous height arrangement of the current 'rolla, u can't be "as aggressive"?

what's the general consensus? Does lowering suspension counter this ?

Edited by RME1

Jules,

To every retailer.....you are a BULLSEYE for BUSINESS....so there goes the marketing talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.........

all the best mate! :)

Thanks heaps for the encouragement :P i went to see Mr Muffler today...they were CLOSED!!! at 5:15 ? ... :angry: i suppose they open at 8...lol, my workin' hours are 815- 5...so including traffic...i'm just gonners :huh: - but definately going there, ur ride looks subtly hot - how goes she atm?

i've been reading that some ppls have leaking springs if run on stock suspension ?

is that becuase the springs are just TOO low? ...i.e on Super lows? - i'm really digging lovells sport lows atm, i'm not seeing any complaints about those bad boys at all - 'reckon i can bargain down to 320, ktse1881 did u haggle?

AND THOSE FRIKKIN' EYELIDS ...double sided tap won't do...what do u other eyelidded 'stivos and rolla girls and boys use? (hopefully something not too permanent?)

Cheers,

Jules

-if u see a dude in a fairly bright red cap, nike sunnys and a VERY tall 'rolla (compared to u lowered ppls) weaving in and outta traffic like mad, give me a toot ;) i reloated the horn...so i disabled one of them, and now it sounds like the most annoying horn u've ever heard -high mariah carey style screamer :ph34r:

i told the boss that another place offered to do em springs at $350, so he countered with $340. so its best that you tell him another place offered u maybe $330 and u can ask him to counter that offer. so, its up to ur bargaining power. so far, the lovells are working its magic on my ride.

as for the eyelids, i know its gonna be a pain if i have to remove em (and the possibility of damaging the headlight) but i used the industrial glue provided by MJ Jap Motors to keep them in their position on the headlight.

My eyelids are attatched using 3M double sided tape..

they have been on for at least 8 months now and havent moved at all..

the double sided tape is super strong..

Btw if you cant see the bonnet of your corolla, you're either very short or you're doing the "bogan tilt"

more commonly seen in commodores with P plates attached..

btw the leaking shocks are due to the lower spring.. they werent designed for it.. but i knew this when getting my super lows.. They dont die instantly though, Depends on how hard you drive

I already budgeted new springs

Ill be getting some Koni Reds or Yellows once the stockers go

My eyelids are attatched using 3M double sided tape..

they have been on for at least 8 months now and havent moved at all..

the double sided tape is super strong..

Btw if you cant see the bonnet of your corolla, you're either very short or you're doing the "bogan tilt"

more commonly seen in commodores with P plates attached..

btw the leaking shocks are due to the lower spring.. they werent designed for it.. but i knew this when getting my super lows.. They dont die instantly though, Depends on how hard you drive

I already budgeted new springs

Ill be getting some Koni Reds or Yellows once the stockers go

3M Tape? Will try that options, cheers Moto man, hey are u still selling ur car? or is that another dude's blue stivo?

check out these bad boy rims:

http://www.bobjane.com.au/Packages/wheelPa...s.asp?mk=1&md=4

@ 799

I think the mechanic dude from WA Toyota has these?

*I ain't short either at 5ft 11" the bloody steering wheel touches my knees.... *_* ...dude...ain't no bogan either...ricer maybe - but not bogan

Edited by RME1