S.O.B'S

hey guys just had my 1k service yesterday and im so ****** at toyota about there service first they scratch my centre console (no it wasnt there before) that so called clutch adjustment they said they did in my view is still non existant seeing 5/10 times is doesnt like to down shift without almost feeeling im going to crunch the gear (yes the clutch is in when attempting this). And the grand finale i have a nice 2 new scratches just below the front drivers headlight. So yeah i dont reccomend nunawading toyota.

zav if your reading this i am so ****** off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont make me regret leaving my honda clan

hey guys just had my 1k service yesterday and im so ****** at toyota about there service first they scratch my centre console (no it wasnt there before) that so called clutch adjustment they said they did in my view is still non existant seeing 5/10 times is doesnt like to down shift without almost feeeling im going to crunch the gear (yes the clutch is in when attempting this). And the grand finale i have a nice 2 new scratches just below the front drivers headlight. So yeah i dont reccomend nunawading toyota.

zav if your reading this i am so ****** off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont make me regret leaving my honda clan

nunawading.. that's a pretty big one isnit it?

I hope your not trying to downshift into First..

no amount of clutch adjustment will make it go into first while moving.. (well at any sort of speed anyway)

Also when downshifting try to match the revs.. makes it alot easier and fun too :)

hi there,

sorry to hear about your unfortunate encounter. however, don't let one dealer's crappy service represent the others also. i don't know where you are residing in but in the SE Suburbs...there's Lane Toyota and they are pretty good, i might say.

take it easy...i was once in the Honda Clan too until i got hold of me 'stivo. no regrets after that bro. :)

the scratch near the headlight can be rubbed out with with a decent polish so im getting over that one. The clutch problem is between 2nd and 3rd gear and this is just normal driving especially if your just going off the line 1st, 2nd ....3rd...3rd or just down shifting before a set of lights, its just wierd but say if you give it a little more revs she shifts up down sideways lol it shifts great and im not talking going from 4th to 2nd just normal driving. Anybody had this when they first got there stivo heard there was a problem with older models with the transmission. I think next service at 5k i will go to a smaller centre nunawading is too big so i dont think they have that much time to really put the time in checking every nit picking thing i say.

P.S and yes i do know how to drive a manual :)

no amount of clutch adjustment will make it go into first while moving.. (well at any sort of speed anyway)

Also when downshifting try to match the revs.. makes it alot easier and fun too :)

Fun yes but at the end of the day, you shouldn't have to rev match on a current model vehicle.

Mine is going back for the clutch / gearbox to be fixed then its being put up for sale (This is not because of any bad experience, I just bought a different car) :).

Fun yes but at the end of the day, you shouldn't have to rev match on a current model vehicle.

Mine is going back for the clutch / gearbox to be fixed then its being put up for sale (This is not because of any bad experience, I just bought a different car) :).

If your a reasonably good driver, you would match the revs anyway i would have thought

I know it is a bit of hike from where you are, but try Cannon Toyota in Camberwell (near corner of Burwood Hwy and Camberwell Road)

Those guys really look after client's cars and are very attentive to customer's needs.

Edited by m_luke

i never had the clutch adjustment. 1st gear slid in anytime, any speed up to 120. yes i did try it at 120, just to see if it would do it. obviously i didn't let the clutch out.

i never had the clutch adjustment. 1st gear slid in anytime, any speed up to 120. yes i did try it at 120, just to see if it would do it. obviously i didn't let the clutch out.

WTF? are you serious? you must have forced it into 1st.....

with my car you hafta almost come to a stand still before i can easily slip back into 1st....

WTF? are you serious? you must have forced it into 1st.....

with my car you hafta almost come to a stand still before i can easily slip back into 1st....

nope, no forcing. i try not to force gears. just slide them in. ask weiwei, or someone who's seen me do it., back into 1st at the lights, or around the corners. no crunching nothing.

mine slides nicely into 1st too

landing on lift in 1st on a down change going up a mountain pass through 15km/h signposted hairpin switchbacks is serious fun :o :o :D :D :lol::lol:

yup that's wat i love doing, too. and at u-turns sometimes, the engine brake helps to get the car turning as well.

yup its true :)

went for numerous drives with shao bak in the days....

saw him heel toe into 1st each time everytime at any speed :P

...if u heel toe n the revs are matched correctly, 1st gear should really just slide in nicely, no force required :)

Hey Specialized32.

Yep Nunawading sctratched my glove box and centre console too, but they are fixing it at my next service. Make sure you take it back and tell them. Plus make sure you speak to Shane.

From what I read, the clutch sdjustment can vary and only a few have succeeded. Before my clutch adjustment I could not change into 3rd or downshift into 2nd or 1st without struggling. Or when overtaking I couldnt keep it in peak power by downshifting to an appropriate gear without some sort of thump.

I can now slip into first at almost any speed now (thats appropriate), the gear box feel so smooth, and responds to my every command. I can drop it back, into any gear and overtake with ease now.

All I can say is let them keep trying. It may be a trial and error to get the clutch right.

Edited by ZAV

mine slides nicely into 1st too

landing on lift in 1st on a down change going up a mountain pass through 15km/h signposted hairpin switchbacks is serious fun :o :o :D :D :lol::lol:

tried this tonight and realised 2 things...

1. wow, it is actually quite easy to downshift into first in the stivo....

and...

2. landing in lift in first gear down change is one of the most exciting things i've done in the car, but makes me realise in need to improve the suspension because of all the wheelspin i got! still fun though.

Hi specialized32

I also had a few issues with my shifting into 3rd.

I'm not sure what fixed it but it's fine now... :D

It might have been me getting use to the new gearbox (after being so use to my old car) or perhaps it was just new, and needed a good workout before she comes right :-)

Either way I am happy with it now and all is working great... just kept getting better and better, now I downshift from 6th in 2nd on the highway at times and have great fun :-)

As micky_tee has said I might give the downshift into 1st some more attention.. I have only done that once before but when my car was new and have never done it since 2nd seemed to be good but now 1st sounds like alot of fun! :D :D :D

The things you learn on this forum is GREAT!!!

Cheers guys

FB

DISCLAINER: just make sure you shift at the right point, down from 2nd @ 5200 will slot into 1st @ just over 6000 ie lift zone... if you try and slot in from above 6000 you will run the risk of overreving the engine which will mean $$$$$ if anything breaks up there...

I drove specielized32's car yesterday to see if I thought something was wrong with it. He let me give the sportivo a bit of stick and I noticed a few differences.

My clutch is very short, with only a small amout of freeplay, while specialized 32's clutch is is a lot higher, almost twice as much and he has only done 1800km.

His gearbox is a little notchy, but I think it'll wear in after a few thousand Ks.

It will only downshift into first at under 20km/h.

When I engaged lift in 1st in his car, it nowhere near throws you back in the seat like mine, although when changing to second I can hit in his car lift between gears at 7000RPM (which throws you back), while hitting lift in 3rd seemed impossible.

My car consistantly hits lift between gear changes in all gears (Ive only tried up till fourth) at around 6200RPM (I've never noticed a 7000 RPM change in my car, but I liked it).

I'm not sure if his car just need wearing in, but it seemed like a different car to drive while engaging lift. Regular driving felt about the same.

Mine is Jan 2005 built Sportivo, and his is a Sept 2005 built sportivo. Was there any changes made to the stivo between those bulid dates.

Edited by ZAV

i just thought id add me 2 cents and say...

YA DONT HAVE TO GET THE CAR SERVICED AT ANY TOYOTA

use your own mechanic he can service it under warranty but if somthing needs to be replaced or fixed hence the brake disks or somthing outside of ya usual service then you have to take it back to toyota.

personally its great ive got an excellent mechanic who i trust 150% and when he services it he goes over everything so if theres somthing suss i can goto toyota and they have to fix it.

he's found 5 things so far when i get it serviced that it needed to be replaced by toyota.

and just to show you what there like i got it serviced by toyota.

then straight after i got it back took it to my mechanic and he told me half the stuff hadnt been done that shouldve been.

and there were to things that needed to be replaced under warranty.

so use ya own person if ya have someone reliable cause toyota wont tell if theres anything wrong.

at least until the warranty is up then theyll hit ya up for big $$$$ to fix ****.

nunawading? they r not very smart! i went there last time about my rolla rear lip melting, they told me that the rear lip is not made for the sportivos!!!!

nunawading? they r not very smart! i went there last time about my rolla rear lip melting, they told me that the rear lip is not made for the sportivos!!!!

if it's the rear lip from the sportivo kit, then yes, it's not made for the corolla sportivo. strange/confusing name...