awsome tailights

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im in love :D that is one nice facelift rolla so zav what you doing on the weekend? I sense a home project here on our headlights cause that looks sik :lol:

I was thinking the same. There is DIY on the 9thgen forums. I'll just need a couple clamps with soft type grips, black high temp paint, n pre-heat the oven.

We have to drop the bumper to get the lights out, n Ive never taken the bumper off, so i'tll take the longest.

See what the weather is like, Prob Sat though.

screw the led tail lights, i want the facelift eyelids!!!

edit: ohh damn the image doesnt work when linked off his site....

Edited by HDACHE

wonder if it would look better if i sprayed the headlight silver instead of black to match the cars color? But it works on a white rolla so mmm hard to say

Prob wont notice much difference with silver, black is always better

Zav, if u are seriously gona attempt that mod make sure u take pics and document man coz i would LOVE to get it done also!

that car is so HAWWWTTT :ph34r: (..and its white teehehe) :P

That web site is sick

R these lexeus 1S200 headlights on a rolla with a modified eyelid to fill in the gaps?

http://page.freett.com/mania51ncv/3%20b%20led2.htm

they look like the HD Corolla lights to me, but of course I cannot confirm, hell, only he(website owner) knows probably.

I'm not sure what corolla HD lights are, but they look just like this Lexus

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...y&cmd=si&img=60

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...cmd=si&img=3751

Edited by ZAV

The headlight mod is done.

Specialized32 and I did this mod yesterday (it took all day to do 2 sportivos).

Ive tried to upload pics but it keeps saying the adminitrator has not enabled it in the uploads directory, even though ive always been able to upload pic b4.

Anyway, no need for a DIY same as US version with the following differences.

1.When taking the bumper off disconnect the foglights. When all the bolts are off, just pull the sides of the bumper since they are cliped in then pull foward. Just take the whole bumper off its easier to work with.

2.There are 3 three bolts in our headights. 2 on top and one on the side. A little notchy/clip thing holds in the bottom to the car.

2.With the headlights out have you will notice our lights have these little screws holding the lense in. So take off all of them around the outside plus one near the indicator lamp before placing in oven.

4.We also took alll our globes out before placing in oven.We left the wiring in.

3.We used an oven temp of 170 deg celcius. Be sure to turn the oven off, place it on hand towel and make sure no parts of the light are touching any metal in the oven.

4.When u take it out be quick cuz the sealant will dry. We put the first one back in the oven 4 times before we could get the lense off.

5.We didnt have use any more sealant. I just checked my car this morn, on a moist, dewey morning in the hills of Upwey and they are as clear as daylight. So the seal is good.

6.You wont be able to put the lense and casing on properly till you put it back in the oven. So just sit them in as well as u can.

7.As soon as you get out of the oven, be quick and push the lense and casing toghether and put in all the screws.

8.We put our lights back in the oven 1 more time just to let the sealant soften then clamped around the outside.

Thats it.

We were very nervous about puting our lights in the oven, but they did not melt at all and there is no moisture in my headlights this moring, so the seal is good. It a worthwhile mod, our cars look so much better now.

But take care, cuz you must be cautious when doing this mod. I take no responsibility here.

Edited by ZAV

Here u go, i think you have to sign up to view em, but its free. Anyway the cars pretty dirty since I havent washed it like in 6 weeks, but the headlights look nice n shiny. Anyway I park my car outside on the grass and still no moisture in my lights after a couple of days so I reckon its a good seal.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures...l?id=2105619827

Edited by ZAV