PCV valve sucks too much oil

Baris

Hi everyone,

My Kluger 2004 had blow some blue smoke at start. I found a pool of engine oil in the intake manifold when I changed spark plugs which is under the intake manifold. Afterwards I changed a new genuine PCV valve. But I found the new PCV valve blows more blue smoke at start. Any one had the same experience or have any solution? Thanks

Hi everyone,

My Kluger 2004 had blow some blue smoke at start. I found a pool of engine oil in the intake manifold when I changed spark plugs which is under the intake manifold. Afterwards I changed a new genuine PCV valve. But I found the new PCV valve blows more blue smoke at start. Any one had the same experience or have any solution? Thanks

Why are you certain it has anything to do with the PCV? Almost every engine with a PCV will have oil in the intake.

Have you considered the valve stem seals?

Yes. it is certainly PCV valve. After blowing smoke every day at start and may be when I was driving, I blocked the rubber hose from the intake manifold to PCV valve and kept open PCV valve without connecting the rubber hose. After driving several days, I found that no more blow blue smoke and the intake manifold was looked very clean no any oil in it. I also bought an oil-catch-can and installed it between PCV valve and intake manifold. Driving around 15 to 20 km, I found the oil catch can was filled with one-third oil. If I drive a long distance, the intake manifold would suck more oil from PCV valve. So I am now driving my car without connecting the hose to PCV valve and the end of PCV valve kept open and blocked the intake suction hose From the intake manifold. It looks Ok and no blow blue smoke and the car runs Ok. But in long run the engine oil gets dirty easily because PCV is open I am afraid. I found the suction of the intake manifold from PCV valve too strong all the time regardless the choke is open or closed.

Ahhh, so you have excessive crankcase pressure. Probably a good time to have a cylinder leak down test performed. I would be very surprised if the PCV is actually the problem. The old PCV would have been blocked up(or partially) over time, the new one obviously flows higher(as it should).

Get a leakdown test done to rule out combustion gases making it into the crankcase.

A leak-down test has been done already. There is no excessive crankcase pressure. the car has done 159000 km and engine runs well. Open the oil fill cap, pull out the dipstick and keep open PVC valve and run the engine, there is no smoke or air pressure comes form the engine crankcase. The engine runs very quietly. Only problem is the intake manifold not only sucks air from the engine but also sucks engine oil through PCV valve and blow blue smoke at the tale pipe. I am thinking that it may be some drain holes are blocked by sludge so that oil build up in the upper side of the engine, not drain back faster and pick up by PCV valve. Because it is V6 engine which is tightly packed with small oil drains holes. I learned that some Toyota engines are vulnerable for sludge build up in side engine. So I fushed my engine with STP engine flush twice, but it did not solved problem.