Dodgy Genuine Reversing Camera install by a Toyota Dealership Install?

WickedFuGu

Hello All,

I need some help with identfiying if the Toyota branded dealership did a dodgy on me with my reversing camera installation.

There was a massive stuff around with incorrectly ordered parts and what I suspect was a lack of workman skill to perform the job, leading me to be given a loan car for a couple days.

The end result was the attached, a dodgy circular hole, a camera barely protruding that films the internal body work occasionally and a weirdly angled camera. Additionally I thought the genuine Toyota Reversing Camera was supposed to have an on screen overlay of "lines" to indicate distance.

I think they really dodgied up my installation and still charged me full price, but I am no expert which is why I have come to here to ask all of you for your opinion please :)

Attached are some pictures. The install was performed by Toyota Motorama at Moorooka, Brisbane QLD Australia.

Thank you!

Xavier.

post-38971-0-64351700-1447643011_thumb.j

post-38971-0-11616200-1447643013_thumb.j

Hi Xavier,

we had some 'drama' around fitting a resversing Camera to our 2011 RAV4 ZR6. Originally the dealer believed the standard head unit would not take the camera, and fitted a mirror with the camera instead. Because of the small size of the image, I investigated further and found the head unit could take a camera, so the dealer then re-installed the original mirror and put the camera on the head unit.

I have taken some photos of our RAV4, I think the overlay lines are part of the head unit, rather than the camera, so as you see our image is the same as yours. Also our kluger has the same image, I think only head units on more recent models have the lines. Our camera is not hidden in the hole like yours, and to me our camera seems to match what the factory did with our kluger.

I hope this helps you decide how good or otherwise the job is. If they used My experience is that nothing is ever done as well as factory installs, pity the cruiser or ZR6 didn't have them as standard!

post-31395-0-38924300-1447699574.jpgpost-31395-0-51065600-1447699593.jpg