Need some advice

Ok, well ive modded the exterior of my rolla to something im very happy with, overally I love the looks and the handling of the car.

I have a full sportivo kit, 17' chrome rims, remus exhaust, undercar neons and king springs suspension.

Here is what she looks like now.

modrolla2.jpg

modrolla3.jpg

modrolla4.jpg

modrolla5.jpg

modrolla6.jpg

modrolla7.jpg

modrolla8.jpg

Right, now im looking at enhancing the performance to get up to sportivo standards!!!

Ive been told headers, extractors, intake and ecu are the way to go, but im not exactly sure what is meant by all that.

What are headers and extractors? And what type of place can I buy them from (I live in Perth) Also how much should I be looking to pay out for them and fitting them.

Im pretty determined from what you guys have said that a unichip is the way to go as well... which will be the last thing I will mod on my rolla.

Do any of you have any more suggestions of way to enhance my N/A engine...

Ive thought about supercharging, but thought strongly against it as I want to stay in the N/A classifications :D

Thanks for any advice thats given! Much appreciated!

Forget supercharging the motor they do not have one yet for this engine that works well with it. The extractors, CAI and unichip make a huge diference. They are worth the expense. The extractors/headers replace your existing exhaust manifold an. make your engine breathe better as does the CAI. I have done all of these mods and it was worth doing. But before you do the unichip do all the other mods first. Personally I would have not done the Remus as you lose performance and just gain noise. I tried a mandrel system and it did not work out on my car, but if you are happy thats all that matters :D . If you want a good deal on realistic prices talk to Bruce at www.trdsales.com he can source these for you with out huge markups. Unichip approx 1200 fitted and tuned, Extractors are subject to Aus dollar, CAI the same.

When does the Acsent badge come off

I like the fact that my rolla is an ascent... If I can get sportivo power out of it then it will be twice as good as no-one would expect such power from a simple lil ascent.

Pee-K - Thanks heaps for the info! I do like the remus exhaust even if there is a bit of powerloss with it, im sure I can regain the small amount of power ive lost with some simple mods, but thanks so much for giving me some food for though on it!!!!!

Will be looking at TRD sales now and hopefully have something in my car by the end of the year. :)

More comments are appreciated as well.

Ill be honest with you man

no matter what money you spend the sportivo has a totally different engine dynamic and reacts differently to the standard corolla engine

that means with moding up the engine it will never have the smae characteristics of the sportivo engine becasue as i said they are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT engines

car looks but im a bit sus on where you got the idea - cause it loos a bit like mine :D

Let us know man

but all the best with all the mods you do - the corolla is a awesome car !!!

Ill be honest with you man

no matter what money you spend the sportivo has a totally different engine dynamic and reacts differently to the standard corolla engine

that means with moding up the engine it will never have the smae characteristics of the sportivo engine becasue as i said they are 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT engines

car looks but im a bit sus on where you got the idea - cause it loos a bit like mine :D

Let us know man

but all the best with all the mods you do - the corolla is a awesome car !!!

:lol::lol::lol: Im guilty as charged for the idea....

I know it will never run like a sportivo... but im more or less after sportivo performance, as in roughly the same KW's as a sportivo puts out and be able to keep up with one on a road... if you know what I mean??

Forget supercharging the motor they do not have one yet for this engine that works well with it.

Do you mean the Toyota/TRD factory unit available in the US or the locally-available ones? I think the latter, in which case I agree with you....

Nice paint job, whoever's "idea" it was. Hmmmm, I wonder if gunmetal grey skirts would look good on a silver Stivo.....

If you would like to beat a Sportivo, you would probably need a lot of money for NA work. Bigger Cams, Port/Polish, Bore, Crank & Pistons to up the capacity. At least $5K for decent NA work. For $5K, custom turbo setup would be best Bang for Buck and can easily get twice the amount of power you've got with decompression pistons. But a mildly modded (eg. exhaust, headers, intake, chip etc.)standard Corolla engine would probably have more torque than Stivo but will still lose out top end due to the 2ZZGE's nature with peak power of 141kw @ 7800rpm, high revving. So the most you can expect is jumping in front at the start but once Stivo's it 3rd gear, that's it the power takes over. I recommend saving the money for another car or force induction. Even if it is a mild setup.

My 2cents,

Zee :lol:

You Got to be happy with the Remus though!, I'm certainly happy with mine, I like the characteristic that it gets throwtier as it get heats up.

Car looks good , But I agree that the "easiest" way to get big hp gains is forced induction.

4-1 extractors, highflow cat and full exhaust system with a sports muffler (not a straight through design, coz u need back pressure) will raise the power to 85kw at the wheels or 110kw at the fly. (i used to have a levin..i miss that..)

Unichip would make a significant difference too. I've enquired about turbo charging my levin (before...) and it'll cost around 10-12k to do a proper job.

that's a decent size turbo, decent size front mount, piping, custom manifold..the lot! oh..and also includes computer too! :P

got the quote from Advan Performance here in sydney.

-Chris

You Got to be happy with the Remus though!, I'm certainly happy with mine, I like the characteristic that it gets throwtier as it get heats up.

I totally love it! When I first got the car I thought 'Oh good, its not constantly loud all the time... only when I put my foot down' After 2 hours of very harsh driving at 120kms+ I drove into a quiet suburb at 40kmh and the exhaust was soooo loud... bahaha I loved it.

Tiger, thanks so much for that info! Whilst turbocarging would be the greatest thing ever, im not sure if I want to lose the overall practibility of the rolla by using forced induction like that, the exhaust has already somehow made me lose a lot of fuel economy (either that or my last refill was dodgy because of where I filled it).

Im more or less after getting the most out of the NA engine... it just seems like a nice challange to me.

Sorry skitzo did did not look at the pics too closely. Yes there is a TRD supercharger as weel as other brands but you would be up for at least 10 grand then to fit it well..... Then try and insure it ...aahhhh yeah right

I'm very skeptical about the whole idea of supercharging/turbocharging an engine that was not really disigned for it. Sure the engine will be built appropriately for the conversion (you would hope so) but then you have to worry about the breaking system, transmission, clutch, chassis the list goes on...oh yeah and insurance and registration and the police..oh man seriously save the 12 thousand and put it towards a rexie or *salivates* an astra sri.

:D Thanks for the complimet rolling, yeah its a sportivo rear skirt. Seems like the sportivo kit thats put on sportivos and the sportivo kits put on normal rollas are different though, technically mine is much wider than a sportivo's sportivo skirt... if that makes sence.

I agree about not supercharging or turbo'ing the rolla as well... thus why I simply just want to upgrade the power I can get out of my NA engine

if i was the designer of these sorts of engines, i'd be plenty annoyed coz the whole point of the engine was to make as much power as possible without any forced induction or larger pistons.

well, that's my opinion anyway...<climbs down from soapbox> :P