Want to supercharge my zr6 with trd parts

Because i have to organise the changeover with the mechanic before he goes away and i found info from old threads but i just want to know for sure like wiring for ecu or any other engine parts like oxygen sensors and things like that so i can tell the mechanic exactly what i need swaped over it all has to happen begining of the week. Do you have any info in regards to this would really appriciate the help.

To keep it simplified.

If you want to swap the engines, leave everything that is bolted to the engine on it. If it is rear end damaged, just swap the K-frames including the wiring harness. There are differences on the engine side.

Otherwise, it is easy enough for the mechanic to see when the cars are side by side. Any mechanic that is competent should be able to sort it out for themselves.

Ok fair enough but the only issue is that the whole engine is not going to be swaped over because my current engine in the zr6 has 120kms and the trd has over 195kms so just want to swap the parts needed. It is front end damaged so but pritty much just the radiator and support is all smashed so far from research ive done i have a small list of exactly what needs to be swapped over which is.

1. The supercharger

2. Manifold

3.injectors

4.idler bracket

5.transmission oil cooler

5.ecu( not sure if wiring harness for ecu or injectors or any other wiring needs to be swaped or just the acutal ecu its self)

6.drive belt

7.vvti union & hose

Thats the list i have just want to confirm if anything else needs to be changed for it to work correctly e.g wiring for ecu or any other engine components or wiring,extractors and so on ? 

Honestly its quite an old vehicle now so most people move on and lose interest. If you are expecting some yoda figure to mentor you through this I don't think there is anyone around.  

But you are first I have heard to try this so good luck to you. 

Just to add if it was my project I most likely would of just brought a TRD aurion there are still quite a few for sale and they are reasonably priced.

Additionally I would probably still take out your existing engine and just fit the complete TRD unit into your car regardless of KM.

I would not disassemble a good TRD Engine of its components to then retrofit everything back onto another vehicle that wasn't designed for it. I think its going to be a pain in the *****.

If you are really unsure of your TRD engine condition well its the best opportunity now to strip it down and rebuild it. A rebuilt engine should run perfect and be reliable. 

Edited by TRDnz13

Thanks for your reply mate really appreciate it. I know where your coming from but to be honest its kind of a budget build and the only reason i thought of doing this was because i got the car dirty cheap . And like you said i dont know the condition of the trd engine thats why i decided to take it all off. But from my research same engines exactly besides the parts that i mentioned the internals all the same. I was going to get a trd aurion only problem family member is on their p's so they cant drive a trd so the only way to do it was supercharge the sportivo so its kind of a sleeper and tbh i have the series 2 so i kind of like the few extra features you get over the trd i already have the red trd interior installed in my zr6. The plan is a sportivo from the outside but internally a trd with the extra features of the series 2 sportivo like memory seats rear auto curtain etc. I wish that djokr guy was still around i read so many of his old posts that guy was a guru with this stuff.

Supercharger is in so far so good only thing left really is swap over the exahaust system just wondering does anyone know how many liters to 100km they should be getting on their trd aurion i havent driven 100kms just yet so im.not sure but its showing about 23 which is very high.

Fair enough would you or anyone be able to help me with installing a boost gauge for the supercharger or can recomend a certain boost/vaccum gauge with a low psi range that would be suitable for the trd charger and also how to connect it all up?