Does the 2011 Hilux V6 have a transmission cooler as standard.

brickpaver

Just a quick question as I'm planning a trip in April across the Nullarbor to W.A. and return, towing a 17 ft Jayco poptop behind my 2011 Hilux dual cab (104,000) klm)..  The unladen caravan tare weight is a shade over 1200 kg but by the time we toss some gear in there, it'll probably hit close to 1400 kg. (ish). Add on about 300 kg to 400 kg combined people and 'other stuff' weight inside the ute and that's about the total weight over all.......apart from the ute itself.

Does anyone know if the 2011 (auto) has a transmission cooler as standard and if not, should I have one fitted,....or is one even necessary.  We'll be doing about 8,000 klm's over the whole trip and probably not exceeding 90 kph anyway. (100 kph limit when towing anything in W.A.)

We do have another two Toyotas that we can choose from for the trip, one is the wifes 2008 Kluger (200,000 klm)with electric brake controller and the same question re: a trans cooler ? or my 2003 Avalon VXi (140,000 klm) which is fully set up for H/D towing, including a trans cooler and electric brake control and drives like a silent dream.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lance.

I would expect that it is the standard heat exchange fitted to the bottom of the radiator. This eBay listing appears to have some useful/relevant information.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Hilux-Automatic-Transmission-Oil-Cooler-Kit-05-15-by-Fuious-Performance-/151079019786

I would select the vehicle with the highest towing braked specification and setup with a transmission cooler.