18 hours ago, Nick1807 said:

Thinking of dropping an lsd diff for better handling. Thoughts & brand? 

So there are a few options available in this case. You have TRD (clutch type LSD meaning it will need to be serviced), Quaife (the most popular choice and probably the best in my opinion as it's not clutch type), Kaaz (Same as Quaife and around the same price). At one point these was a open diff addition to make it an LSD available on Monkey Wrench Racing but I can't seem to find it.

I'd honestly wait until you need to pull the gearbox apart to rebuild it before you consider just adding the LSD alone. It will add more stress in the long run but nothing dramatic or anything.

Expect to pay at least $1000AUD for a brand new LSD before you even consider the install.

For the mean time, I'd definitely look into some suspension modifications, bracing, good discs and pads and of course performance tyres. I run Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and they grip rain, hail or shine with very minimal wheel spin in the process too.

18 hours ago, Squalled said:

So there are a few options available in this case. You have TRD (clutch type LSD meaning it will need to be serviced), Quaife (the most popular choice and probably the best in my opinion as it's not clutch type), Kaaz (Same as Quaife and around the same price).

TRD came in both helical and clutch-type, Quaife is helical, Kaaz is clutch-type.

On 6/8/2019 at 12:04 PM, Hiro said:

TRD came in both helical and clutch-type, Quaife is helical, Kaaz is clutch-type.

I see, I mostly see the clutch type ones going around for our gearboxes so never knew about that for TRD.

A cheaper alternative is to use the MR-S LSD which usually can be found cheaper but, it will be used and can be hard to find also.