Sydney Corolla Meet

I would not be wanting to take on a moderately moded Prelude VTIR. It will spank you all the way home.

An old friend has one with unichip (with vtec control), CAI and full exhaust including headers, and it absolutely destroys my brothers Typr-R and eats S2000's for dinner. It actually makes the type-r look like it is standing still.

Looking at it from the their side if someone came to our forum with a car that is typically badmouthed by most publications, saying he'll eat the stivo for breakfast I can imagine his reception by some of our members would be pretty confrontational and not very civil.

Most of the Vtec guys probably only know of the stivo what they have seen in Motor/wheels magazine etc and lets face it those magazines are not that flattering. We just need to cut a little slack to the non-initiated. A case of seeing is believing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeerolla, i got the Radio from MegaMart for $80 for the pair. good value. they are UHF 40 channel. only about 2-3Km range so if you're a straggler then you will need something with longer range! hahaha Just kidding. :D

you can probably find something better for that price but they will only be 1 per pack.

Thanks Xoom and xTiGeRx for the radio info, i think i will be needing it if i eventually make it to the meet since my Stivo is still stock :P Plus i haven't driven down to Sydeney CBD in a while ;)

cheers,

Zee

i have spoken to one of the guys on their end to spread the word already. I didnt wana just post it up their on the honda forum. So looks like they will be organiseing a few people to come along

Cheers

Bill

hey dudes, my names tony, i own a stock honda civic vti-r, xoom msged me about this meet and somehow i found my way over here :)

as for this quote

Excellent. Sounds like a plan boys, but this is WAY off topic, hehe. 

Someone can start up a new thread in The Lounge if you like.

I expect one of the first to line up a brand new 'Stivo will be the mighty Mcchook... *in the Honda corner*...... "black mean Prelude VTiR wif phat modz coming atcha!" 

hehehe.. theres a lil joke on the OH board.. that particular Prelude has lost to an integra GSi few times in the past, and also a Pulsar SSS once, but still holds his chin up high.. the quote is slightly sarcastic, and the general consensus is that we'd like to see one of your 'stivos beat the prelude just for some laughs...

so yeh.. its not a challenge by any means, there are faster civics/integras on OH than that particular prelude... just wanted to clear things up

as for a lil meet, i have not spread the word yet but i will probably invite a handful or so hondas, anymore and we'll be attracting too much attention and making too much noise, especially since u got a few guys + frends coming already!

also, i've met most of the boys on the forums that attend the meets, i can safely say that none of them will go pyscho or be disgruntled after losing a funrun.. so yeh hehehe.. dont worry about any disputes or anything like that :D

riteo, 'nuff from me, cya around the boards!

tony, i rekon that would be the best idea, rather than making it public and having all sorts of people rock up with the wrong attitudes, that way, u keep it abit more personal and friendly.

now *clears throat* GOOO THE SYDNEY SPORTIVO's!!!! i know all us melbourne boys cant wait to hear about it, but more so, its a great chance to promote how awesome the stivo really is :D

heh, i've had enuff with public meets for a while. organised a meet for civic owners, ended up having 30 cars. altho it was great to meet everyone etc, its way too many ppl to coordinate a leisurely drive without losing people at sets of lights, or blocking up the general traffic. so yeh, i think it'd be best if we limit it to a dozen-ish cars. otherwise we should separate into smaller groups :) up to u corolla boys!

WHen we work out when and where, I will probably attend. Who is going to do the stock runs?. Im up for a bash at it, having now perfected the amount of slip needed to hold lift on the 1 to 2 shift ;).

Oh and I laughed at the thread on the OH forum, most of it was really good and friendly but the bit where the guy said he has driven a Stivo and it drops out of lift every gear, I seriously gotta question his ability to use a clutch, maybe he got his license in a kellogs packet or something ;).

Even if you just change normally, any change other than 1-2 you will NOT drop out of lift :).

is there a planned route or destination as yet? I will definitely be there but there might be a few that are reluctant to commit because of the lack of destination.

i don't know enought cool places to plan the route but hopefully someone more well-travelled than me can help out. hopefully some place that has a stop or two along the way for photo ops.

Cheers.

Grimlock,

PM me all the details as to how the route for the cruise your thinking should be. Exact directions, street names etc and i will organise communication to others/print outs/maps etc. As till now we dont have a location unless we go the OP. Otherwise if no 1 objects i will proceed with Grimlocks suggestion ? Let me know.

Cheers

Bill

p.s. Grimlock can u get these to me ASAP so i can get started and circulate before friday next week. Cheers dude.

Ok looks like we r going to have to have another vote to decide this one.

Please vote for where u wish to cruise before Wednesday so i can organise maps etc for ppl who dont know the route.

Cheers

Bill

Hi qkslvr,

i posted a map of the location at the link below

Map: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/au/homebush_map

i will be bringing with me on the night and will send to ppl if you PM me your email the exact route we are going to take after The vote is closed Tuesday @ 11:59.

So for those that want me to email them the route PM ur email address n ur request 4 the route n ill email it 2 u.

id rather not post it on the forum

cheers

bill

we will probably wait for 30min or 45min or even up an 1hr depending on how wrestles people become etc etc but i can pretty much guarentee will we be waiting for atleast 30mins. Dont know about after that depends on how wrestles people become.

Hi All,

Voting on the cruise location is now CLOSED to give me enough time to prepare maps of the route/directions from our meeting place etc. For those who wanted to go the OP guess we'll go next time. So please still do come along and enjoy a good night out.

Cheers

Bill

ps as already indicated if u need map/directions please pm me ur email addy and ill send them to u. I will bring some copies on the night also.