Ebay Stereo

Kiwi

Just wondered if anyone has bought one of these off eBay and how is it performing ?  I want to upgrade the factory stereo in my 2007 Aurion so I at least have Bluetooth and Gps. Any suggestions ?  Looking for something of good quality.  Cheers

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174134651021

Edited by Kiwi

Yeah nah, they're junk. Shell out $100-150 more and buy a decent unit from the likes of Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer etc on sale. Got my Sony AX5000 for 450 during an Autobarn sale last Christmas, solid build, great sound on the stock speakers and AA integration. The problems with these cheap Chinese units are mainly the build quality and the lack of local technical support, which you'll need eventually. Your car, your money, but I'd avoid them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think all this stuff from China is much of a muchness. I wouldn't bother even if they are tempting at the price they offer. They are cheap for a reason.

I totally agree with Adrian on this and spend a few hundred bucks more and get a decent quality brand. You will thank yourself.

Couldn't agree more with Tony and Adrian, for the $$ you save you will not get the reliability or quality you would get spending a few hundred dollars more buying something from a Quality Car Audio Store, I am sure if you look online or around your area there will be a good deal out there.

In the end it is entirely up to you and what you can afford 

Good Luck

KAA

I've got a Sony XAV-AX3000 and it works great
Improved the sound of the speakers dramatically and works great with Android Auto

Needed a touch of modding with putting in a surround and a touch of wiring beyond a standard wiring adaptor
Also got an adaptor for the steering wheel controls which works well.

8 hours ago, MRBOND said:

I've got a Sony XAV-AX3000 and it works great
Improved the sound of the speakers dramatically and works great with Android Auto

Needed a touch of modding with putting in a surround and a touch of wiring beyond a standard wiring adaptor
Also got an adaptor for the steering wheel controls which works well.

Nice Mitchell. Are you able to load up some pics ? Be nice to see how it looks in the car. Was it expensive ?