These Little Beauties Finally Arrived !

Tony Prodigy

I ordered these way before the recent ones I showed you previously. I saw these and thought how nice they looked and the quality looked outstanding. I did bear in mind though, coming from Asia may take some time but not this much time. I purchased these on Mar 27th and they just arrived today. In the meantime, I did purchase the Bacho set to get me by, but I really wanted these more.

They just look beautiful, unlike any I've seen. The wait was worth it. The photos don't really do them justice.

17mm, 19mm & 21mm. All the ones I use. Made by Jimy.

20200529_141458.jpg

20200529_141221.jpg

20200529_141257.jpg

20200529_141321.jpg

20200529_141337.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

Well worth the wait i would agree Tony, They do look very nice quality..i can imagine the gun coming out very soon for a trial run with them..let us know how that went as I have made a note of the name and sizes from the first pic you posted today and added them to the santa list

Keep Safe Mate

KAA

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I am going to "rain on your parade" or maybe not. For years, I have always thought that the Toyota wheel nuts were metric. This afternoon I checked the retaining nuts on the front drive shafts on my 2006 Aurion ATX. I will have to get a 31mm 12 pt socket for the driver's side while the passenger side needs a 32mm 6pt or 12 pt socket which I do have, Quite likely the drive shaft on the passenger side was replaced so will do a comparison with the 2008 Prodigy tomorrow.

I just thought that I would check the wheel nuts and 21mm is a loose fit. 20.6mm spark plug socket and 13/16" socket were a perfect fit. 

Looks like I am off to Bunnings for a wheel brace and Trade Tools for a deep impact imperial socket. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/supatool-4-way-wheel-brace_p0064875

11 hours ago, campbeam said:

I just thought that I would check the wheel nuts and 21mm is a loose fit.

Hmmm, I'll have to check this out later in the day. I have three different sets I can test. I'll get back to you.

I did an internet search and Repco is having a clearance of some of their impact sockets. Ordered both the standard and deep impact 13/16" sockets. They come with a lifetime warranty. Not as attractive as the Jimy set and will have to find a plastic sleeve [eventually].  

image.png.727647a381f9332de7560c40ee36365b.png

15 hours ago, campbeam said:

Unfortunately, I am going to "rain on your parade" or maybe not. For years, I have always thought that the Toyota wheel nuts were metric. This afternoon I checked the retaining nuts on the front drive shafts on my 2006 Aurion ATX. I will have to get a 31mm 12 pt socket for the driver's side while the passenger side needs a 32mm 6pt or 12 pt socket which I do have, Quite likely the drive shaft on the passenger side was replaced so will do a comparison with the 2008 Prodigy tomorrow.

I just thought that I would check the wheel nuts and 21mm is a loose fit. 20.6mm spark plug socket and 13/16" socket were a perfect fit. 

Looks like I am off to Bunnings for a wheel brace and Trade Tools for a deep impact imperial socket. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/supatool-4-way-wheel-brace_p0064875

They are metric in the sense that the threads are metric.  Quite possible that the hex is slightly under-size (or is sized to allow the 13/16" socket to fit for commonality

EDIT: For reference, the vast majority of Toyota wheel studs have been M12x1.5 for donkeys years

• Thanks 2