Honda Vtec

I agree with you there Secasx. the power band is quite narrow which explains the close gear ratios. even with these ratios we still land out of lift if we don't drive carefully. also, I would actually prefer a smoother transitions between the two cam profiles. toughen up the low end and i'll be happier than a red neck getting a lap dance. :D

Hey ZEEROLLA, it was just a joke mate cheer up :D :D :D

and besides, since i was on my 12th carlton cold when i wrote it i even got the VVTL-i wrong.....

You could say the jokes on me (that was really corny wasnt it?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno about VTEC, although my mates round light Type R engine is smoother, its no where near as entertaining as the 2zz. I much prefer our little 1.8.

I cant comment on i-VTEC, as i havnt seen that yet.

BUT: The gear ratios do get annoying in our car, the only reason i lost to the type R is because i dropped out of lift and i could hear his car in the band all along (and thats with his 5 speed).

Toyota's 2nd attempt will be something to look out for.

206kw 2litre VVTL-i N/A Corolla Sportivo anyone?

Hey ZEEROLLA, it was just a joke mate cheer up :D :D :D

and besides, since i was on my 12th carlton cold when i wrote it i even got the VVTL-i wrong.....

You could say the jokes on me (that was really corny wasnt it?)

Haha, I give you credit for even spelling WAR right :P Anyway, i had this nightmare last night of Bushy and Johny driving a Honda Vtec equipped tank trying to run me over after i beat them with my Stivo :ph34r: ! I hate WARS!!!

I dragged my corolla against my friend's vti-r. Back then all he got in his car is 5Zigen header titanium and cat back system with APEX'i N1 muffler, heavy duty clutch and flywheel. Oh K&N panel filter too. I got TRD iridium racing spark plug, K&N panel and 3A Muffler. Here's how it goes that night:

1st - 2nd we are equal, then i miss shifting to third and the rpm is cut! His car just goesssssssss, as if my car was anchored. I tried to catch him but its no good, was already like 5 cars in front of me and keeps going. Third gear on 1zz-fe is pretty lazy, so although if i shifted properly i would still think the Vti-R kills it. OK he got full exhaust system and all that, but damn its soo fast.

Now his car is even scarier. JDM Type R cams, cold air intake and tuned to its optimum level the ECU could handle. No point for rematch now isn't it.

206kw 2litre VVTL-i N/A Corolla Sportivo anyone?

drooooool.......

While you're on the topic....anyone heard if Toyota are bringing out Sportivos in the new range??? (sorry to stray off topic)

Personally I'm a big fan of toyotas, I've had an ae82 twincam hatch and I now own a GTi corolla, their great cars along with the new corolla but I just don't think they can compete with hondas, sorry :( Unless toyota bring out a corolla or other car which is a great performa and looks good, my next car WILL b a Honda Integra Type R!!!!!

Fully SIC!!!! :lol:

I reckon back in the days of 4A-GE, 4A-GZE and 3S-GTE, Toyota have a pretty looking army of their own. But somehow their image changed into a more "FAMILY" orientated. Hey, i guess they are coming back with a sportivo, and I hope it will stay that way.