Question about ECU

Hi guys, i resetted my ecu when i installed my short-ram and that was the 1st time i resetted it.. b4 that i was getting 580-600kms from a full tank .. the short-ram only allowed me to reach 520kms with the fuel light going on at least 5-10kms. I've just installed the injen cai and resetted it again hoping i would get 580-600 once again... just put my full tank today and going to see what result i will be getting

just wondering if u guys have experienced this ?

it could also be your driving, mabey have a slightly heavier foot due to the nice noise that i makes

good point northy.. do u think down shifting while matching the revs would b the problem? i know its good for the synchros but i did it on the old car and the petrol distance was the same.

it could also be your driving, mabey have a slightly heavier foot due to the nice noise that i makes

good point northy.. do u think down shifting while matching the revs would b the problem? i know its good for the synchros but i did it on the old car and the petrol distance was the same.

just think of how many times you would do that during one tank of fuel, everytime you blip the throttle you are using more fuel so it all adds up...

I blip the throttle every down shift, unless in peak hour where there is no point. I'm getting anywhere from 700 to 800km from each tank. There is about 10L left once the fuel light comes on in a Sportivo.

Edited by SuperDave

sooky babys ... i was only getting 350kms on my type R you should be happy wit atleast 500 .... tight asses! lol :lol:

im gonna take a guess that your economy is sad for the same reason as the original poster lol

omg 700km+

so far i've done almost half a tank, only 300km and hit lift about 6 times since friday arvo when i refilled..

back den i remember my full tank i can do 200km from the 1st quater.. now im only getting barely 150km from it ..

not looking very good ! i dunno how u guys can get 600-800kms

HARDCORE

No way can get to 700km-800km for city driving! Must be doing a lot of freeway driving, City driving I can only do around 500km-550km, Last tank was 610km before the light comes on but thats with a bit of freeway driving! Traffic play a big part in fuel consumption and there has been a lots of traffic jam lately!

Edited by DrVY

I've done that on the 1zz's smaller 55lt tank, but mostly average 600.

i'm normally aroudns 520kms with 10L left in the tank....how much do u have left to average 600kms!!?? ....So the fuel light is going bezerk?

i'm normally aroudns 520kms with 10L left in the tank....how much do u have left to average 600kms!!?? ....So the fuel light is going bezerk?

No, on average I'll get to 600km when the fuel light goes on, with mixed driving... I guess most have a heavier foot than I.

No, on average I'll get to 600km when the fuel light goes on, with mixed driving... I guess most have a heavier foot than I.

...but.....but Neutral is my favourite gear! $_$ ...i'm in 5th by 60km

That probably works against you. Sometimes making the engine labour slightly in higher gears at lower speeds can actually increase consumption as well even though you're using less rpm and the engine still seems to pull. I tried that found I was going backwards in terms of consumption. Keep it in 4th until up to and over 75km/h

That probably works against you. Sometimes making the engine labour slightly in higher gears at lower speeds can actually increase consumption as well even though you're using less rpm and the engine still seems to pull. I tried that found I was going backwards in terms of consumption. Keep it in 4th until up to and over 75km/h

:D i'll try that! Coming to the meet up on Sunday? :P

that i do believe is true!

So far.. 525kms from $65 Mobil Synergy 98RON tank of fuel .. hit lift about 12 times.. prob get another 10 kms out of this tank b4 the light comes on.

averaging 10.2 / 100kms ?

:(

Changing gears on 3,500rpm.

u guys find this normal ? its mostly highway driving.