Vale Sabine Schmitz

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I was saddened this morning to learn of the passing of "The Queen of The Nurburgring" Sabine Schmitz. She mesmerized me for many years with her amazing ability to handle a car at high speed and her beautiful way in which she conducted herself. I always thought she was like the female version of Michael Schumacher.

She featured on many TV shows, driving events and most notably on a few episodes of Top Gear with Clarkson, May and Hammond. Some great memories of her.

In the last couple of years she battled cancer and unfortunately, the dreaded thing returned and ultimately claimed her life. I couldn't believe it at first and really hoped she'd pull through. 

I hope they keep her memory alive by naming her favourite corner at the ring after her. 

My condolences go out to her Family, Friends and Fans alike and may she rest in peace. 🙏

Sabine.webp

Edited by Tony Prodigy

Good on you, Tony, for making light of this. Don't forget that she was one of the main hosts in the series revamp after the trio departed from Top Gear in 2016.

She is a role model to many girls and ladies around the world, being part of a male dominant sport.

May she Rest in Peace.

TY Tony, I also had a few tear up moments over her sad loss, I recall seeing her take a transit van around the track, she had a wonderful talent and pray now she is flying some angels around heaven, she certainly deserves to leave her name on part of Nurburgring

KAA

She definitely deserves high praise and recognition. What a terrible loss. A beautiful soul.

I vividly remember her pushing that Transit van along with Hammond. It was hilarious watching her overtaking motorcycles hahaha !!

Clarkson trying in vain to get that diesel powered Jag around there in under 10 seconds and along comes Sabine with the famous line...."I can do Zat lap time in a Van" !! She almost did all things considered. Only a few seconds off, but a mighty effort anyway !

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

She definitely deserves high praise and recognition. What a terrible loss. A beautiful soul.

Gone looking at YouTube and plenty of trubute videos have been posted. I reckon that this video best demonstrates her driving skill and knowledge of the track.