[ACT] Canberra Thread

MT

---------------------------------------REBIRTH OF THE ACT9'S----------------------------------------

Greetings all,

It is time for the Canberra chapter to be re-united. A cruise and bbq is being organised as we speak. From the depths of my own heart I will be supplying all sausages, plates, cups and drinks for this meet.

Given that some people are extremely hard to contact I will ask that contact numbers and/or email addresses be forwarded to myself or micky_tee so we can cement things into place and avoid confusion as to the dates.

Availabilities are to be listed here or through pm to myself or micky_tee.

Yours,

Neil Bates

---------------------------------------REBIRTH OF THE ACT9'S----------------------------------------

Good call Rob... its time to Re-unite!

How all you dudes been going?

Apologies for laying low. Things been very flat out!

Man I've been going swimmingly. Just chillaxing on the west side of the bayou (aka creek).

I've been flat out as well ay no harm done. Work work work. I am but a peon.

I'll count you in dude! Just let us know your availabilities in the official Reunion thread.

See you soon maddog.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marques in the Park 2007

Hey guys, just an invite to you all to come and join in with us on this one. Let me know how many are interested and or come along to one of our monthly meetings on the last Tuesday of the month at Pharleys Spares & Repairs (PSR) 2/76 Sheppard St Hume at 7pm sharp. More info can be found in the ACT section of www.rollaclub.com

This year will also be the ACT Rolla Club 1st annual Show & Shine and we will be inviting members from other states as well as other clubs to come along as well. I am still looking for a sponsor for the show & shine ( hint hint Thomo ) and I am also looking for people to help out ith this as well so please put up your hand for a job.

Dates & details

25 November 2007, Sunday

Cruise / Display / Relax

John Knight Park, Belconnen ACT

The Council of ACT Motor Clubs invites you to:

The 5th annual ‘Marques in the Park’ is on Sunday the 25th November 2007.

This year’s theme is 100 years – 1000 vehicles

Event Details:

8.00 – 9.00 am Gather next to Commonwealth avenue Bridge

9.00 am - Cruise, to John Knight Park

10.00 – 3.00 Kick back and relax

Remember this event is for everybody:

· Young and Old, People and Cars

· Bog stock to Hot Rod

· Primer to Polished

· Street Cars to Street Machines

· Rusty to Restored

· Hacks to Show Cars

· Push bikes to Drag cars

Trade Stalls and food will be at the park.

Marques in the Park has grown from 200 cars in 2003 to over 550 in 2006, this year we are hoping to get 1000 vehicles on display, showcasing over 100 years of vehicles from the Canberra region. So tell you clubs and your friends and join in the fun on the 25 November 2007.

Marques in the Park is the Spring time motoring display for the Council of ACT Motor Clubs.

The event will again be free to participate due to the great support of

SHANNONS Insurance

SOS Recruitment

Greenlight Mortgage

El Wassa Industries

Edited by Trendact

Ditto!

Nice one rob, I reckon we should do it V soon otherwise soom of us ANU boys will be freeking out over stupid exams in june.....

On the plus side guess what new toy i've found!, It redlines@11,500rpm with twin exhausts & a yamaha engine. Only puts out 29.5kW but with a weight of only 160kg.....it brings a new meaning to zoom zoom:-)

Ditto!

Nice one rob, I reckon we should do it V soon otherwise soom of us ANU boys will be freeking out over stupid exams in june.....

On the plus side guess what new toy i've found!, It redlines@11,500rpm with twin exhausts & a yamaha engine. Only puts out 29.5kW but with a weight of only 160kg.....it brings a new meaning to zoom zoom:-)

i'm a guessing its a Honda 250 of some kind.

Trendact sounds good to me, we could get a reaonable group together... why not. and we got a bit of time to plan as well which should be good.

Yep still have time to get ready for this one so all is good.

As for paid jobs.... :whistling:

What paid jobs :lol:

This will be the 3rd year Rolla Club has been at this event in some form, but this year will be a big one for us and any other corolla owner that wants to take part. The Club has 2 9mtr x 3mtr tents to set up promo gear in etc.... for all clubs that are apart of the show & shine. Entry to the show & shine will be very low to help cover costs in putting it together and costs for awards etc....

Should be good :toast:

More info here http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13108

Edited by Trendact

Ditto!

You're damn right we'll be freakin out... I've already started! :blink:

Awesome inclusion to your garage 'Tony, does it fit in the back of the 'rolla? Ole!

There's and ACT rolla club?????

Is everyone here members of there as well???

Not officially no. We decided to pave our own little piece of existence as we're all like Brothers (and sisters as well now lol).

I think we're all pretty keen on meeting up with Trendact and the crew though yessum? ;)

Yes Jen there is a ACT Rolla Club (will be made official very soon once paperwork goes in to gov.) or at least a ACT division/section of Rolla Club (www.rollaclub.com) that is also a national thing just as this site is (the club name will be offical very soon but). Some of the guys here do stop in from time to time for a look see at the forums as well. We seem to have more older rolla's but we do have a few later models as well, would be great to get all the new and old together for a day.

Hope to see some of you guys at the show & shine as it does not matter what club you are from you are welcome as long as you like rollas and or rolla based cars. ;)

Edited by Trendact

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Jen there is a ACT Rolla Club (will be made official very soon once paperwork goes in to gov.) or at least a ACT division/section of Rolla Club (www.rollaclub.com) that is also a national thing just as this site is (the club name will be offical very soon but). Some of the guys here do stop in from time to time for a look see at the forums as well. We seem to have more older rolla's but we do have a few later models as well, would be great to get all the new and old together for a day.

Hope to see some of you guys at the show & shine as it does not matter what club you are from you are welcome as long as you like rollas and or rolla based cars. ;)

Oh the reference to 'not officially' was to us being members of your club trendact, not aimed at said club actually being 'not official'. Thought I'd quickly clarify as I just read it then and realised it may have been taken the wrong way, and I'd look like an a55hat.

Ow now I have a headache...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...