WTB - 2003 - 2005 Toyota Avalon Mark 3 Headlights

I can still get them new, except they aren't cheap. but if anyone has ANY complete headlights that aren't severely faded i'd appreciate it. Mine have some mild discolouration but it's annoying me haha !

It ruins an otherwise very good condition car πŸ˜‚

Offers & photos would be appreciated.

A power steering reservoir would be nice too provided it's not severly discoloured otherwise i'll just get one new. - but that's the same across all Avalon's

Strictly Mark 3 Avalon's

Not Mark 1 or 2, they aren't applicable.

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Have you tried to polish them ? If you have access to a machine polisher you could buff them back up to like new condition Tommy.

Nope the plastic/polycarbonate lense is actually sun damaged. Otherwise i would have polished them. Anymore and i'll start eating through the lense. But figured i'd ask around otherwise i'll fork out the $600 for the pair (mind you that's my price) retail from Toyota is $450+ each, there's plenty around funny enough.Β 

I'm actually well below trade because i know the boys down at Ferntree Gully Toyota πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Edited by TommyM

Chances are you most likely won't find a decent set mainly due to the age of the car now and limited units sold I guess. If you are planning to keep the car long term, I'd invest in brand new genuine lights. I was able to purchase a brand new GenuineΒ set for my Aurion ( I never mentioned it here yet) but I did try looking for a long while for a decent pair, but all the ones I came across were crap.Β 

At the moment I am getting away with periodic polishing, but there will come a time when they will become too funky and I will swap them out.

5 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Chances are you most likely won't find a decent set mainly due to the age of the car now and limited units sold I guess. If you are planning to keep the car long term, I'd invest in brand new genuine lights. I was able to purchase a brand new GenuineΒ set for my Aurion ( I never mentioned it here yet) but I did try looking for a long while for a decent pair, but all the ones I came across were crap.Β 

At the moment I am getting away with periodic polishing, but there will come a time when they will become too funky and I will swap them out.

Yeah considering the low production figures of the Mark 3, getting certain parts is next to impossible. But in all honesty i might just buy them new & call it a day. Atleast it will transform the front end. Some things on the Avalon though i will admit are stupidly expensive πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Suppose it's expected when you have cross shared Lexus parts.

Β 

E.g window regulators are Grande specific. Etc

Edited by TommyM

33 minutes ago, TommyM said:

Yeah considering the low production figures of the Mark 3, getting certain parts is next to impossible. But in all honesty i might just buy them new & call it a day. Atleast it will transform the front end. Some things on the Avalon though i will admit are stupidly expensive πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Suppose it's expected when you have cross shared Lexus parts.

Β 

E.g window regulators are Grande specific. Etc

All Toyota parts are pretty stupid expensive. I have made a few enquires through Toyota recently for parts seldom seen on ebay and they will leave you with a face like thisΒ :surprise:

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

All Toyota parts are pretty stupid expensive. I have made a few enquires through Toyota recently for parts seldom seen on ebay and they will leave you with a face like thisΒ :surprise:

That was my face when they told me there was 200+ of each headlight lol still available.Β 

Β 

You'd be suprised at the price of some things lol

Power steering pump is around $850

Climate control blower resistor is around $900

Water pumps are reasonable $140 (Aisin) on the 1MZ, dunno what Toyota used in the 2GR-FE, but waterpumps are somewhat common πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Edited by TommyM

Noticed a few Mark3 Avalon Grandes for sale recently - oh if I only had plenty $$$ & space. Then again if I had $$ & space I'd get an R32GTR in pristine condition & a lovely Lexus LS for a daily or sweet 5 series Bimma. I also wouldn't mind a Porsche Boxster but now I'm getting carried away into dreamland 😐

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 11:06 PM, ZZT86 said:

Noticed a few Mark3 Avalon Grandes for sale recently - oh if I only had plenty $$$ & space. Then again if I had $$ & space I'd get an R32GTR in pristine condition & a lovely Lexus LS for a daily or sweet 5 series Bimma. I also wouldn't mind a Porsche Boxster but now I'm getting carried away into dreamland 😐

Yeah look at the service history by comparison πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

A Lexus LS430 would have been a very nice daily though. What series bimma ?

Yep more work involved in servicing either, Lexus would be fairly simple & not a huge load more than an Aurion whereas the BMW would just cost more in parts alone. Then there's insurance & fuel use. All the reasons why I don't own one yet, especially for a daily.

LS400, 430 & 460 are great, old school 90's style, solid construction/engineering & that wonderful V8. Chris Bangles E60 has always been a favourite, M5 would be awesome ///

Edited by ZZT86

14 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Well for a 5 series, it will have to be undoubtedly an E39 or E60 ///M5.

E39's were great minus the few issues they had. Undeniably the last decent interior from BMW !

11 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Yep more work involved in servicing either, Lexus would be fairly simple & not a huge load more than an Aurion whereas the BMW would just cost more in parts alone. Then there's insurance & fuel use. All the reasons why I don't own one yet, especially for a daily.

LS400, 430 & 460 are great, old school 90's style, solid construction/engineering & that wonderful V8. Chris Bangles E60 has always been a favourite, M5 would be awesome ///

Aurion - Timing Chain, she'll be rightΒ 

Avalon - Timing Belt, s**t i have to tear half the engine apart every 150k πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

But hey, atleast it gets done. Can't exactly not do a timing belt on a 4.0L/4.3L V8 Lexus (interference design), if that belt snaps...... bye bye engine

Β 

Nothing wrong with old school Japanese. I'd take old school Japan over the s**t Toyota's coming out with, they're nothing like they once were sadly.

• Join The Club

Join the Toyota Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Latest Postings

1. 0

Rock sliders installation

2. 1

Advice needed

3. 0

RZN149

4. 1

Advice needed

5. 2

Toyota 3L shakes on idle

6. 0