Blinking front windscreen defrost button for 30 seconds

My Toyota Aurion 2009, every time I start the car, my front windscreen defrost button keeps blinking for 30 - 60 seconds. During that time, can’t operate the air cond. Then it becomes normal. There are not much information about this issue but I did check for the air mix and mode selector motor and it moving. But one thing I noticed about the mode selector motor that when I start the car it move back and forward then stop. However, when I select the mode from main to main and floor, to floor, to floor and screen I don't see it move. Have anyone know or experiencing this issue? Hope someone can help. Hope someone can record the movement of the mode selector motor that I can compare with my. Thank you 

Wow Vinh that is a weird one, I have never ever had that issue, I hope someone on here can advise you as I have no idea what can be casing that issue. Mine is the same age as yours, all I can suggest is maybe talking to Toyota Service about the issue as it does sound really strange.

Let us know if you find out what it is as would be handy to know.

Good Luck

KAA

48 minutes ago, TAProdigy 2009 said:

Hi Nzzr6

I bought the car second hand and did not come with the service manual. I wonder service manual to download from the web.

Aurion specific service manual can be downloaded from the Toyota Australia manuals website for a fee. Think its because by law they have to make these available to workshops

Otherwise, the American V6 Camry service manual is freely available on the web and is mechanically very similar to the Aurion one save for cosmetic differences etc.

But that being said, I think you'll have to take it in to Toyota or someone with the equipment to read the error codes that is logged in the AC module.... 

Edited by nzzr6

10 hours ago, TAProdigy 2009 said:

My Toyota Aurion 2009, every time I start the car, my front windscreen defrost button keeps blinking for 30 - 60 seconds. During that time, can’t operate the air cond. Then it becomes normal. There are not much information about this issue but I did check for the air mix and mode selector motor and it moving. But one thing I noticed about the mode selector motor that when I start the car it move back and forward then stop. However, when I select the mode from main to main and floor, to floor, to floor and screen I don't see it move. Have anyone know or experiencing this issue? Hope someone can help. Hope someone can record the movement of the mode selector motor that I can compare with my. Thank you 

I believe this is normal. If the outside temperature falls close to zero, then dehumidification will not operate. Once the engine starts and warms up a little then normal function will resume. Just as you have described.

The movement of the air selector during this is probably the system resetting itself. If the A/C system functions normally after this initial start up, then I wouldn't worry. I am guessing this issue has only popped up now as we are in Winter.and that makes sense. I don't think it will be an issue during the warmer months.

Thank you Tony, I noticed sometime if I run a car for awhile, when I turn off and start the car, sometime the front screen defrost button is not blinking. I will monitor this issue in summer. Cheers

• 1 year later...

I have recently been having this issue as well. The front defrost button flashes for 30 seconds-1 minute. During this time all the ac buttons are nonfunctional. When it stops flashing, things operate as normal. 

5 minutes ago, Mripirate said:

I have recently been having this issue as well. The front defrost button flashes for 30 seconds-1 minute. During this time all the ac buttons are nonfunctional. When it stops flashing, things operate as normal. 

Did you have a read of what was previously talked about here ?

Do you live in a cold region ? 

• 2 months later...

I just got this issue yesterday. 2009 Australian Aurion. Rear demist button flashing about 30 secs on start. The air mix selector seems to not change anything. Thankfully it is not stuck on full hot as we head into summer, but it is not cool air either.