Pricks keyed my car on Sunday night

I'm usually really careful with my car. It's always garaged at home and at my parents place, but on Sunday it was parked on the street in front of my in-laws place, and some Fuk wit keyed the front left quarter panel, the front left passenger and rear doors. That's 3 panels and its a long scratch that extends virtually the entire length of the panel. Being a cascade blue sportivo, the white primer underneath stands out like :o

Word of warning, don't park in suburbs where there are high pockets of unemployed teenagers as they get very very jealous of you.

This will be an insurance claim for me. One place quoted up to $1600 to respray all 3 panels.

I'm usually really careful with my car. It's always garaged at home and at my parents place, but on Sunday it was parked on the street in front of my in-laws place, and some Fuk wit keyed the front left quarter panel, the front left passenger and rear doors. That's 3 panels and its a long scratch that extends virtually the entire length of the panel. Being a cascade blue sportivo, the white primer underneath stands out like :o

Word of warning, don't park in suburbs where there are high pockets of unemployed teenagers as they get very very jealous of you.

This will be an insurance claim for me. One place quoted up to $1600 to respray all 3 panels.

where did this happen what suburb?

i really feel for u?..........dont worry karma will follow them and bite them in the butt......

btw its mish

Go see Dave @ DSports in Moorebank and see what he can do for ya.

I got my bumper SCRATCHED (ie paint gone down to the black pastic), he fixed it for $100 :D (i got a cascade blue corolla as well).

Mine blends in with the colour, and one would NEVER know it was damaged. (He's done it twice for now, first i stuffed the left, then i stuffed the right a few months later)

Should take him less than a day (ie drop off morning, pickup afternoon).

Im sure it will be cheaper than respraying those 3 panels.

Unit 1/7 Regent Cres Moorebank

9601 3599

For map location see

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5745

Edited by neK

thats some bad luck man...

I had a similar situation except i knew who did it.

My little 3 year old nephew and his little metal matchbox car.

You know kids and their toy cars running them along every surface, just that one of the surface happens to be my side doors both left front and rear doors are scratched. Its not that deep so im trying to figure out what would cover / fix the job..

any suggestions?

thats some bad luck man...

I had a similar situation except i knew who did it.

My little 3 year old nephew and his little metal matchbox car.

You know kids and their toy cars running them along every surface, just that one of the surface happens to be my side doors both left front and rear doors are scratched. Its not that deep so im trying to figure out what would cover / fix the job..

any suggestions?

Mothers scratch remover + wax to seal it (applied and wiped off with a terry towel)

I do not recommend those Turtle colour blend thingys, they are absolute crap.

It wont get rid of a deep scratch completely, but it works very well with light scratches (worked pretty well on my mates black euro, think his missus scraped it along some tree branches....though she denies this completely :P )

I remember reading something that it works by changing the refraction of light, hence the eye cannot see the scratches anymore... something along those lines.

My blue corolla had a key mark too - down to the white bit as well - mothers scratch remover helped it a bit, but its still noticable.)

Edited by neK

It happened in Marrickville. There's a group of feral teenagers that have moved into a house down the street. They regularly walk up and down the street yelling and swearing fuk this fuk that with slurred speech - you know what I mean....

I'm off to get some more quotes to see what I'm up against. Thanks Nek for the recommendation - however, I'd like to try locally first to see if I get ripped off. LOL.

It happened in Marrickville. There's a group of feral teenagers that have moved into a house down the street. They regularly walk up and down the street yelling and swearing fuk this fuk that with slurred speech - you know what I mean....

I'm off to get some more quotes to see what I'm up against. Thanks Nek for the recommendation - however, I'd like to try locally first to see if I get ripped off. LOL.

I know how you feel, i live in Canterbury and the ppl that moved in the house next to mine have these 16 yo kids, who walk around causing troubling, was never worried till they moved in.

I looked around my area, and i went with DSports because they were the cheapest (this was when i was painting the front grill + eyelids - got quoted $40 for both compared to everyone else who wanted $100+ for just the grill).

Edited by neK

I'm getting a written quote done right now. One place said $1200 another $1600 to take off all fittings and respray the entire side of the car ie. 4 panels. If my car was 6-7 years old, I would have just left it. But being only 2.5 years old and a car that I intend to keep for long term I'm going ahead with fixing it under insurance.

I've tried taking photos to post up here of the damage but can't get a good photo because of the reflection in the paint work.

I'm getting a written quote done right now. One place said $1200 another $1600 to take off all fittings and respray the entire side of the car ie. 4 panels. If my car was 6-7 years old, I would have just left it. But being only 2.5 years old and a car that I intend to keep for long term I'm going ahead with fixing it under insurance.

I've tried taking photos to post up here of the damage but can't get a good photo because of the reflection in the paint work.

Mate thats a fcking joke, $1200? $1600.

Personally i wouldnt bother with key scratches not that that cost anyway.

You sure it cant be done without taking off the panels? Im sure a good panel beater/painter would know how to do it without going that extent.

My mate only got charged $240 to do his whole rear bumper bar on his accord euro from DSports.

Edited by neK

Both panel beaters that I went to said to do it properly they have to take everything off and spray it. They both said you can get it done cheaply, but it won't look the same and you could tell that it was touched up - I'm not an expert in this area.

Seeing that I took the option of having a protected ncb on my insurance policy, I guess what I'm doing is paying for the convenience as the panel shop is in walking distance from where I live and I 'guess' a proper job that will match the existing paint.

Either way, I have to take the car and panel beater quote to the local GIO inspection station where I they will assess the quote and the damages before any work takes place.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with your scratch Bit Racer.

It makes you feel like ******* and puts you in a depressing mood especially when you know for yourself

that you are so careful with your car and look after it.

Good thing is though that you can get it repaired professionally and that you are insured.

Its now the inconveinence in taking the car to get resprayed and putting you out.

Let us know how it all goes :)

Both panel beaters that I went to said to do it properly they have to take everything off and spray it. They both said you can get it done cheaply, but it won't look the same and you could tell that it was touched up - I'm not an expert in this area.

Seeing that I took the option of having a protected ncb on my insurance policy, I guess what I'm doing is paying for the convenience as the panel shop is in walking distance from where I live and I 'guess' a proper job that will match the existing paint.

Either way, I have to take the car and panel beater quote to the local GIO inspection station where I they will assess the quote and the damages before any work takes place.

Thats probably because they are both full of crap and wanna make as much money outta ya as possible. The problem with taking everything off and spraying it is that it can leave gaps if they arent put back correctly, as well has having potential colour mismatches on other panels that werent repainted.

When i was getting quotes for my grill to get sprayed, i got comments like (from 10 different spray painters - yes i drove to each one to ask) "oh ill need to mix the paint, prime it, then spray it, then bake it in the booth, i takes like 2 days, and ill charge you $100, plus an addition $50 to fit it"

Went to the guy in DSports, he said $20, painted + baked all in less than a day. I asked him why so cheap, he said well if you want me to charge you more I can, but its a simple job as its new and i dont need to spend a lot of labour on it, and when im baking stuff, i can bake this too at the same time so its not costing any more anyway.

Picked it up in the arvo, he told me to pop my bonnet and fitted it for me.

Just cos you pay more doesnt mean you get better service, a lot of ppl are under the impression that you pay more you get more, and there are plenty of ppl out there who would take advantage of that mentallity and rort the fck outt ya.

Btw, if you want, come and check out my rear bumper, i guarantee you cannot tell that its been repainted - even if i point out to you the exact location. (I was also concerned about the mismatch colour on the rear bumper, Dsports told me if you can find the colour mismatch ill repaint it till you cant see it! - Takes alot of balls to make a claim like that)

Edited by neK

Damn Sorry to hear

I had the same situation same place and places scratched aswell they took the front air caps from the rims (have fun atnight or sumthin)

It was the 6th day i owned the car (NEW) didnt even pass a week safely!!!

Damn #^&%$$*%*^