Hi I'm from the NSW South Coast

OOBOY

On 10/15/2021 at 3:51 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Hello Jeff and welcome to the forum. Saw your post on the cooling fan failure. I wonder if Toyota have offered you a courtesy car while this warranty issue is being sorted. If not, then you should be.

Hi Tony, My local Toyota dealer has supplied us a courtesy vehicle while our Kluger Hybrid is off the road. I can't fault their service in this regard, it has been first rate. I have also been informed that the replacement cooling fan should now be arriving from Japan much sooner than originally anticipated. Regards Jeff 

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, Our Kluger is back on the road following the installation of the replacement hybrid fan! Great service from Toyota in sourcing the replacement part from Japan in a speedily manner!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OOBOY said:

Good news, Our Kluger is back on the road following the installation of the replacement hybrid fan! Great service from Toyota in sourcing the replacement part from Japan in a speedily manner!

Fantastic result. They must have quoted their time estimate on a worst case scenario. Always pays to underpromise and over-deliver.

Just in general, we may b itch and moan about Toyota but they are streets ahead of the competition. Others may offer a 7 year warranty as an enticement to get the sale but are surprisingly absent when the consumer actually wants to get something fixed. With that philosophy and attitude, I am quite glad that Holden has departed and just waiting for others to depart as well.

On a parting note, Toyota are welcome to stay and hope that they continue to prosper and survive in the Australian market.

Hi Jeff, That is awesome news mate, as Ash said 90% of any comments about Toyota are positive ones, like any company it can come down to who you deal with for service, they make or break your outlook on the company. Mostly my dealings with Toyota have been with Parts (as I have a wonderful mechanic I have used for many years so only he touches the car) and I have always found them to be very helpful, so I am very pleased to hear they went above and beyond for you.

Glad your back in your Kluger and enjoying the road again, look after yourself

KAA