Alright... now it's my turn to have a problem

alright, now I'm worried... I cleaned the MAF sensor again and allowed to dry for ages. Installed. Re-set the ECU again (for about the 4th time in 2 days) and the light is still on and now it seams to be idling very rough at ~1,500 RPM. I'm definately taking it in to Toyota 1st thing in the morning now and see what they can do.

another option is it was a bad batch of fuel... but I always use Vortex98, I checked my receipt and it was definately Vortex98. If you hear of anyone filling up at Caltex Merrylands, on Woodville Road with Vortex98 with any issues let me know... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, now I'm worried... I cleaned the MAF sensor again and allowed to dry for ages. Installed. Re-set the ECU again (for about the 4th time in 2 days) and the light is still on and now it seams to be idling very rough at ~1,500 RPM. I'm definately taking it in to Toyota 1st thing in the morning now and see what they can do.

another option is it was a bad batch of fuel... but I always use Vortex98, I checked my receipt and it was definately Vortex98. If you hear of anyone filling up at Caltex Merrylands, on Woodville Road with Vortex98 with any issues let me know... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I heard a long time ago of some guy having problems with the oil pump?? anyway hop Toyota helps you to get it sorted man.. :unsure:

Friggen... Wollongong Toyota have 3 service guys off today so have to take it back tomorrow <_< <_< :angry::angry: :(

Now you know why i never take my car there!!!

problem is I'm not prepared to drive all the way to Albain Park in it's current state

dont think albion park is any better

after a few weeks of having my sportivo, i found it had a leak in the A pilar caused by a spot weld that had gone through and made a hole.

took them 2 weeks to start work on it cause they had to take pictures and send them to toyota , ( mind you i couldnt park the car outside if it looked like it was going to rain), they took the roof lining apart and apparently fixed it!! ( they replaced the hoodlining and a few other things)

then a week later at car lovers i was greeted by water, and this time they fixed it with some sort of sealer.

im gonna take it to a body shop and get it check out. the last thing i want is for it to leak when its out of waranty.

but yeah they had the car for 3 whole days and they didnt do squat.

end rant.

my 2c

fingers crossed you can find the problem and fix it before it gets worse.

I had problems with Albion Park as well....Thats why my car has only been to the dealer for warranty issues and even then i had to take a written letter from my normal mechanic to say that there was a warranty issue....may need to do that Dylan!!

if ya stuff around with them heaps and get no where

talk to the "customer service relations manager" and make a scene with them.

to be honest most of the service ppl are the type that say "what problem? its all in your head!!!"

(nb. this might not be the scenario with other dealerships)

ther better dealerships are in the city! I know castelhill have many awards but yeah thats far from you.

Tory Toyota at Albion Park Rail has also won numerous awards <_< and for those that don't know Wollongong Toyota and Tory Toyota are owned by the same CEO. Between them 2 dealerships i choose to use Tory now not bcus they are better, but bcus they have the "Express Service", 1hr service even for major services which means much greater convenience for me. Also they have a better waiting lounge :P, not to mention i live 5mins away from Tory Toyota. But that doesn't mean the service personnel are great, they are far from it. They seem to only be interested in providing good service to customers over a certain age and those people that knows little about cars <_< People that "complains about their cars" like me and some of us here are usually ignored.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

problem is I live 5 minutes from Wollongong Toyota and it's hard to get back to the Uni from Tory Toyota (at least, it takes ages compared to a 15 minute walk from Wollongong Toyota)

Tell them that you want a courtesy car!!!

Turns out it was the MAF sensor.

The temperature guage was fried they suspect, took the car in at 8 this morning, took 1/2 hour to diagnose (just making sure it wasn't anything else). Tested it with a spare test MAF sensor they have. Ordered a new MAF sensor that was couriered down from Sydney. Pick the car up this arvo good as gold. As the stock air box was on there it was all replaced under warranty too. :)

I'm all smiles with the Wollongong Toyota boys today... :D :D :D :D :D

excellent news!!

its good to finally hear a good report about a dealer... all you hear these days is whinging that they are con-artists...

so you'll be joining us on sunday? (the 30th)

all under warranty too! thats fantastic!

Could it also have been the day when you forgot to replace the foggy after the WSID day? it was raining that day wasn't it and maybe the water got sucked up a little bit and casued the spike? Anyhow good to hear its all fixed. Do you know how much the MAF would cost to replace? btw CAIs are a must for the Stivo, can't live without one :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA