Sportivo Genuine Lowring Springs

Hames

Er..I'm confused.

Toyota actually offer factory lowering springs for the IZZ-FE Corollas, they're in the "Sportivo" range of accessories for the standard "rolla.

They were on the website a while ago, and also in the accessory brochure put out by Toyota.

A list of IZZ-FE accessories is here if you're interested...

http://www.tracy.com.au/Toyota/Accessories...laGenAccess.htm

When you say "Cheap" how cheap were they Hames, and as all rollas seem to run the same ride height, I wonder if all model hatch springs are interchangeable??

What happened was i have a Sportivo and i thought these springs were to lower the sportivo but in fact these springs were made for the normal corolla and are just the springs i have in my Sportivo...

I can get them for just under $200 which is pretty cheap!

I was told by the sales person I bought my car that you can put sportivo springs in the car and it makes the car lower by 30 mm. I'm not sure he was BSing me or not :angry: anyway he is from Cannon toyota in Heidelberg and knew what he was talking about

Hello,

My car is riding on the Genuine Toyota Springs. The dealer stated that it was a 50mm drop, but it's actually a 30mm drop (Similar to the Eibach). They do make the car look visually lower than standard.

They do tidy up the cornering and are pretty firm (but not so much as to shake your tooth fillings loose) ;)

The benefit of having these is you can use them with the standard dampers - any lower (such as king springs) and you'd have to replace those as well.

They cost me $480 as an option because I bought the car new, otherwise they would be around $800.00 (from dealers) I've been told

They do ;)

As I said they do tidy up the handling over the standard springs, not as much body roll, entering corners or going through fast bends, also changes direction a bit easier to (ie corner to corner) over the standard set up.

However it is only as set of stiffer springs, it's not going to give the same results as a complete suspension package.

If budget allowed I'd love to be able to also upgrade the dampers, sway bars and bushes as well as dial in a bit more camber at the front. :D