New to the family

braxeus

Hi all. I have just purchased a 2010 KX-R Kluger. It has a bit over 210,000km on the clock.

I have noticed that the oil cooler pipes are the rubber ones and have not been replaced with the steel version.

Also just noticed some brown sludge which possibly has come from the transaxle boot. There might be a slight tear in it. Just waiting until the new day to have a look.

I have cirlced the area where there might be a slight nick in the boot and the highlighted square is what appears to be a cable tie around the transaxle boot, which i am assuming should be a cable clamp.

Pictures posted.

20220129_195535a.jpg

20220129_201854.jpg

20220129_202000a.jpg

20220129_202007.jpg

20220129_204457a.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.

Certainly need to further investigate that CV boot. There should be a metal CV boot clamp not the cable tie which indicates that there has been a repair. I would have expected that any previously leaked CV joint grease would have been cleaned off.

If the seller provided warranty then looks like you will be making a claim to get it repaired ASAP. 

Welcome to the forum Chris, As Ashely said that is non standard the cable tie and would certainly make me dig into the CV a lot more where the sling has landed is a good indicator that there is a tear in the boot. I would also check with Toyota about the oil lines they can tell you if any recalls have been performed on the Kluger always handy to know anything that should have been done was done.

KAA