Mazda 323/3 vs Toyota Corolla Drag re-match

While we are in Warwick, we may as well use Morgan Park Raceway. Beats going in a straight line ;)

Yeh...wont get as many keen to join in because more chance of more severe damage to cars when going around a race way.

Also, many tracks will now allow you to complete the entire course without a full cage etc...i know qld raceway you are only allowed to do the back half in a street car....

AND i think to do any track racing you need a CAMS day licence don't you? like $80...hrmm :(

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day licence is only $20 going by QLD raceway and MGCC.

But all this would be for a different thread. But back to drag racing talk...

Yes

the warwick drag day would be round 3...we'll do this willowbank one....warwick 1/8 mile camping and dyo craziness will be next (looking at doing it in november).

ANYWAY

Anyone else going to cometo my bbq?

need a place to have it.

Could use my place, its fairly straight forward getting to willowbank from my place....

OR we could find a park somewhere.

ideas?

1. Buddha - BBQ and spectator (may also have one other BBQ spectator)

2. Dee - BBQ and RACING

3. Wei - BBQ and RACING

4. Azza - BBQ and spectating (may be racing closer to the event)

5. SuperDave - BBQ and RACING

6. Ash - BBQ and RACING

7.Silvabullit - BBQ and possible RACING(have to get clutch fitted first)

8. DHC - BBQ and RACING (what have I got myself into?! :ph34r::lol: )

9. Northy - BBQ and Racing at this stage

10. Northy's GF - BBQ and my Promo Girl :)

:)

While we are in Warwick, we may as well use Morgan Park Raceway. Beats going in a straight line ;)

Yeh...wont get as many keen to join in because more chance of more severe damage to cars when going around a race way.

Also, many tracks will now allow you to complete the entire course without a full cage etc...i know qld raceway you are only allowed to do the back half in a street car....

AND i think to do any track racing you need a CAMS day licence don't you? like $80...hrmm :(

Sounds like your scared Greg. Hope you not gonna call in sick at the last moment feeling "rancid" :P

Sounds like your scared Greg. Hope you not gonna call in sick at the last moment feeling "rancid" :P

Hey i got no problems throwing my car around a track..i'll just drive within my limits etc... i just dont think we'd have the numbers for a track day thats all.... we have a hard enough time getting people to get out and drag race, and really there with the power we all make your only risking clutch damage....very little chance of smashing into a wall or losing control

1. Buddha - BBQ and spectator (may also have one other BBQ spectator)

2. Dee - BBQ and RACING

3. Wei - BBQ and RACING

4. Azza - BBQ and spectating (may be racing closer to the event)

5. SuperDave - RACING

6. Ash - BBQ and RACING

7.Silvabullit - BBQ and possible RACING(have to get clutch fitted first)

8. DHC - BBQ and RACING (what have I got myself into?! :ph34r::lol: )

9. Northy - BBQ and Racing at this stage

10. Northy's GF - BBQ and my Promo Girl :)

Removed myself from the BBBQ

Edited by SuperDave

time for another bump, anymore to go on the list??????

any changes to the list?

I know that theres at least two more ppl that will be racin (Andrew and Harry) but their too slack to sign up yet <_< :P

time for another bump, anymore to go on the list??????

any changes to the list?

I know that theres at least two more ppl that will be racin (Andrew and Harry) but their too slack to sign up yet <_< :P

Chuck their names on the list then..

Is that turbo hilux still coming out to play does anyone know? we've got some of our FI boys who compete in Front Runner who need something to test their metal on... both undergoing BIG turbo upgrades (ones still got the head off, dunno if it'll show up as a racer....thats the Fanta powered Ford Laser.... the GTX wagon should be out to bust some PBs though...)

I've solved some of my traction issues and am hoping to crack into the 15s (front engine mount was torn to pieces....been replaced with a near solid one now)....and hopefully we get time to rip twiggy's gearbox out and fix it so he can get a PB as well.

With weight reduction, should expect to see the majority of sportivos in the 14s... with the more tuned ones getting low 14s (and northy getting high 13s)...

shaping up to be a great day out....just pray for cloudy days the week leading upto it, and rain the day before...that'll keep the the track quiet, and the extra humidity coupled with cold temps should ensure some times tumble =)

edit: silvabullit: check your AGT pmsgs

Edited by LordWorm

bummer guys, not going to be able to make it up, got uni starting earlier than i thought next semester, looks like it would have been good fun...

Oh well, maybe round 3 later in the year, will see how things go :)

Less than 2 weeks to go :D :D

Do we need to start planning the details? ie time, meet spot... etc.. actually thats it.. :lol:

hrmm... still need to get a helmet... any recommendations on a good place to go?

Frantically organising a schedule.....

looks like we're going to follow the same one as last time, and goto the same crappy bbq place...

SOmeone care to dig up the old thread and post the schedule again?

I have merged your attendance list into the list on astina GT...looks like we should have alot more representation than we did last time, from both teams.

The forcast reakons there will be showers on saturday <_< Hopefully it doesn't rain and it keeps the people away.

I may be able to make the BBQ now, but don't get your hopes up :P

Lets hope for a rainy friday - then a warm overcast saturday... enough to dry the track out but keep the humidty nice and high. Rain on friday should keep alot of the weekend warriors away... but the serious guys will take their chances...

High humidity + cold winters night = much goodness for PBs... bit of a double edged sword for traction though... just get some nice heat in through a quick burnout =)

Schedule... will finalise tomorrow (sorry for hte late notice)... and i'm searching for an assistant grill b!tch so I'm not feeding everyone by myself again ... pm if you wanna help (free fuud)

The forcast reakons there will be showers on saturday <_< Hopefully it doesn't rain and it keeps the people away.

I may be able to make the BBQ now, but don't get your hopes up :P

Lets hope for a rainy friday - then a warm overcast saturday... enough to dry the track out but keep the humidty nice and high. Rain on friday should keep alot of the weekend warriors away... but the serious guys will take their chances...

High humidity + cold winters night = much goodness for PBs... bit of a double edged sword for traction though... just get some nice heat in through a quick burnout =)

Schedule... will finalise tomorrow (sorry for hte late notice)... and i'm searching for an assistant grill b!tch so I'm not feeding everyone by myself again ... pm if you wanna help (free fuud)

There you go Russ the magic 2 words....FREE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won my heart over. I don't mind helping with the cooking if there is a free feed in it.

I just don't know what time I will be able to meet up with you guys though....will need to wait till there is a final schedule for that....

<<<<<BBQ CANCELED>>>>>

Sorry guys, had to pull the pin on the BBQ this time - Mrs needs the car right up until race time just about. If anyone else wants to run a BBQ, be my guest!

However, for those that don't want to, schedule will be as follows:

Arrive Goodna BP 2:45PM - check tyres, fuel etc.

Leave Goodna BP 3:00PM SHARP

Arrive Willowbank 3:30PM.

This will guarentee us a decent spot etc (hopefully up on the concrete).

Cruises to the event at your own discression. All cruises should arrive at Goodna BP no later than 2:45 else you risk being left behind.

<<<<<BBQ CANCELED>>>>>

Sorry guys, had to pull the pin on the BBQ this time - Mrs needs the car right up until race time just about. If anyone else wants to run a BBQ, be my guest!

However, for those that don't want to, schedule will be as follows:

Arrive Goodna BP 2:45PM - check tyres, fuel etc.

Leave Goodna BP 3:00PM SHARP

Arrive Willowbank 3:30PM.

This will guarentee us a decent spot etc (hopefully up on the concrete).

Cruises to the event at your own discression. All cruises should arrive at Goodna BP no later than 2:45 else you risk being left behind.

Note to self ... allow extra 15mins on each trip ...

27 y.o. hairdresser car + 27 y.o. truck motor + 27 y.o. auto = S-L-O-W :P