Mazda 323/3 vs Toyota Corolla Drag re-match

It's on again kids so if you want to come add your name to the list BUT only add it if your not gonna pull out like a majority did last time. (only had 4 Sportivo's run out of the 15 who said they would come).

All the details are at this link(July 15th is the date);-

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showthre...6134#post236134

Post here if you want to attend. :D And by the way this is in QUEENSLAND.You are most welcome to drive up if you wish(looking at you Xoom :P )

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Silva wat were results last time? im sure the rollas ate them as a snack keke. :P :D

Last time it was just a few Sportivo's running low 15's. The Mazda boys had one quick car who was running 14.8's from memory with drag radials and a gutted shell more or less. The rest of the sp20's or 323's were running 16.2's or slower.

They claimed victory due to one quick car but if you average it out times would have prolly been well in our favour as they had a couple of cars running low 18's from memory(had a sleep since then :lol: )

The Buddhamobile shall be there this time, rain, hail or shine (pref. not hail, though :blink: )

Don't know what sort of time she'll run, but she might be a surprise packet in the Under-Sportivo class ;)

we had had 2 cars faster then 16.2 :P

twiggy with 14.8, and snert with high 15s...

i think i was the only other SP20 there...

the older SPs (BG astina's) were mostly autos...

hopefully we'll have more modded BAs and BJs out there this time....

REMEMBER

Gut your shells boys... all of us will be doing it ;)

REMEMBER

I think everyone should at least do one fully-equipped run this time, so we at least have one comparable time each, then you can strip every panel off if you want!

I might do a light run, but it means squat to me, because I don't drag all the time. What she'll do in road trim is more important to me.

REMEMBER

i drive day to day with a semi stripped interior :lol::lol::lol:

but come race wars it'll be fully stripped :ph34r::lol::ph34r::lol:

:P :P :P

ps. To all the corollas that will be racing, seriously consider stripping ur interior, even if it is just the back seats and the stuff in the boot and the front passenger seat and the glove box and the floor mats :P :P :P (every bit counts u know)

pps. Also interesting to note is that hypothetically speaking sportivos with a SEE EEE ESS catback and TEE ARR DEE cai are capable of running mid 14s :blink: :o :blink: :o unbelievable as it may seem, but it ALL comes down to the launch...

:D

Edited by wei wei

REMEMBER

I think everyone should at least do one fully-equipped run this time, so we at least have one comparable time each, then you can strip every panel off if you want!

I might do a light run, but it means squat to me, because I don't drag all the time. What she'll do in road trim is more important to me.

Nice idea, however, stripping hte interior out of my car takes a good 45mins, and stripping the interior out of the twiggy mobile takes longer (aftermarket sound system to contend with)....

Towards the end of the night, you'll be waiting around 1 hour between runs anyway, in the staging lanes...unless you can gut the car while you line up, its just not gunna happen..then therest he issue of where to put the stripped out bits, and the issue of reinstalling them for the run home...

Oh and by all means stay out late guys! even if you are done with racing, when the sun goes down and the hardcore drag cars get out there, there are some pretty impressive header stack flames going off....its a good night out!

As Twilight said, its pure race, so anything goes (as long as its not FI/NOS..but i dont think anyone is going to be crazy enough to bolt on either of these and risk their motors just for pride...)

If anyone is interested in running "slickish" tyres...suggest getting some old steel wheels (15in, smaller rolling diameter = slight gearing advantage) and shoving on some worn toyo street tyres.... failing that, if you have the coin to throw on them, try some toyo R888 semi-track radials....) I'll be giving the stock/factory delivered yolkies their final horah on the night, and i'll probably be saying bye byes to the clutch if my engine mods are built/installed intime (clutch is great for stock power, but everyone who has run a modified SP20 with the stock clutch has killed it on the first or second run....).

Anyway...lets hope for a big turn out... Dunno what the concensis is for the rest of the day, but I'm keen to make a day of it again, numbers permitting....perhaps someone with a van could bring a small bbq to the track and someone who is not racing could man it? i dunno.... I'll leave it upto you guys this time...if plans are made be sure to let us know over in the agt forums.

edit: on the subject of fuel....you dont overly use that much.. the last couple of time's i've been out, my car has been running on the smell of an oily rag.. Perhaps someone with a jerry can can bring along some extra fuel for the trip home...but you really need bugger all to get the car down the track 6 ot 8 times.... And if its something you are interested in: i run my rear tyres at 50psi, and fronts at 15psi.... seems to make a good deal of difference....theres a servo not far up the road on the way home to put some more streetable pressure in the tyres once all is said and done.

Edited by LordWorm

Woohoo.. i didnt find out bout the last match until it was over

I'll go for sure (prob to watch)

BUT if they got an auto running i'll deff take him on! :ph34r:

Plenty of auto 1.8s will be out there.... alot of the BG boys run 1.8L autos... one of them is chasing a 17sec quarter...single overhead cam and bugger all done to his engine...

Woohoo.. i didnt find out bout the last match until it was over

I'll go for sure (prob to watch)

BUT if they got an auto running i'll deff take him on! :ph34r:

Plenty of auto 1.8s will be out there.... alot of the BG boys run 1.8L autos... one of them is chasing a 17sec quarter...single overhead cam and bugger all done to his engine...

Sweet.. looks like im racing :D :ph34r:

btw whos BG boys? :unsure:

Edited by DHC09

If anyone is interested in running "slickish" tyres...suggest getting some old steel wheels (15in, smaller rolling diameter = slight gearing advantage) and shoving on some worn toyo street tyres.... failing that, if you have the coin to throw on them, try some toyo R888 semi-track radials....)

Nah, I have it on good authority (i.e. YOU) that semi-track radials don't make any difference to the times ... :huh:

As far as a stripper run goes for me, given that I'm 130kg, all I have to do is find someone who weighs 70 or 80kg to run for me, and I'll save heaps more weight than I can strip out! :lol:

Edited by Buddha

Where's Craig??? :unsure: Northy?? :unsure: they better be there representing :ph34r: from what I gather at the forums, (the mazda ones and twincam) some mazda beat the Corollas last time??? :o

Can someone tell what the scene was last time ?? :ph34r:

If anyone is interested in running "slickish" tyres...suggest getting some old steel wheels (15in, smaller rolling diameter = slight gearing advantage) and shoving on some worn toyo street tyres.... failing that, if you have the coin to throw on them, try some toyo R888 semi-track radials....)

Nah, I have it on good authority (i.e. YOU) that semi-track radials don't make any difference to the times ... :huh:

As far as a stripper run goes for me, given that I'm 130kg, all I have to do is find someone who weighs 70 or 80kg to run for me, and I'll save heaps more weight than I can strip out! :lol:

The drag radials are not going to make an overly massive enormous difference to times (Twilights best on street and his BFGs only differ by less than a 10th of a second if my memory serves)... but just thought i'd offer the idea up (its one that was bantered around at a willlowbank meet we had not long ago)

yo buddha, il drive for ya bcos i weigh 60kg man :lol::lol::lol:

thats a massive weight reduction of 70kg from ya car :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha :P :P :P