Mazda 323/3 vs Toyota Corolla Drag re-match

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn for comments...

Yes, as long as the missus says I can race, then I will race, otherwise I will be there as spectator....

..then therest he issue of where to put the stripped out bits, and the issue of reinstalling them for the run home...

mmm, I'm thinking some of the boys may remember what my car looked like at the Darlington Park race day last year, when they stripped their cars, and I spectated....

[As far as a stripper run goes for me, given that I'm 130kg, all I have to do is find someone who weighs 70 or 80kg to run for me, and I'll save heaps more weight than I can strip out! :lol:

My new diet Buddha, and I reckon I'll be under 100kg by then, or I'm in your boat....

yo buddha, il drive for ya bcos i weigh 60kg man :lol::lol::lol:

thats a massive weight reduction of 70kg from ya car :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha :P :P :P

try 50kg wet......ringing wet....

with the right team/tools id say we could have wei's car stripped to a shell in bout 15mins :P

I'm an so on this team.... :P

Guys, if it was early July I could make it but June 3 is just not do-able... I can't make it up, though it would have been fun ;)

Come'on Dylan....you can do it....

If anyone is interested in running "slickish" tyres...suggest getting some old steel wheels (15in, smaller rolling diameter = slight gearing advantage) and shoving on some worn toyo street tyres.... failing that, if you have the coin to throw on them, try some toyo R888 semi-track radials....)

Nah, I have it on good authority (i.e. YOU) that semi-track radials don't make any difference to the times ... :huh:

As far as a stripper run goes for me, given that I'm 130kg, all I have to do is find someone who weighs 70 or 80kg to run for me, and I'll save heaps more weight than I can strip out! :lol:

yo buddha, il drive for ya bcos i weigh 60kg man :lol::lol::lol:

thats a massive weight reduction of 70kg from ya car :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha :P :P :P

You're hired! :D

Firm date HASNT BEEN SET.

Suggest you get someone who has an account on AGT (SB or Northy) to represent in the AGT thread, and negotiate a mutually benificial time to both teams... so both teams can get the most cars on track.

Please make it a night when there isn't a Lion's Home game on....

Suggest you get someone who has an account on AGT (SB or Northy) to represent in the AGT thread, and negotiate a mutually benificial time to both teams... so both teams can get the most cars on track.

hehe...we'll see =)

what nights are they at home over the next couple of months?

who the hell are the Lion's???

You fool Northy....

Lions play in Brisbane the following dates:

Sunday, 7th May (Early Start) Sydney Gabba Home 13:10

Sunday, 28th May (Early Start) Fremantle Gabba Home 13:10

Saturday, 10th June (Night) Adelaide Gabba Home 19:10

Saturday, 17th June (Night) Western Bulldogs Gabba Home 19:10

Saturday, 1st July (Night) Carlton Gabba Home 19:10

Saturday, 8th July (Night) Melbourne Gabba Away 19:10

Saturday, 22nd July (Night) Hawthorn Gabba Home 19:10

Sunday, 6th August (Early Start) Geelong Gabba Home 13:10

Sunday, 20th August (Early Start) West Coast Gabba Home 13:10

Saturday, 2nd September (Night) St. Kilda Gabba Home 19:10

The only game they play against Port this year Dylan is played at AAMI on May 21st....

BLASPHEMY northy.........what do u mean who are the Lions......!! :angry:

BLASPHEMY northy.........what do u mean who are the Lions......!! :angry:

gay FL?

:lol: I don't think this is about drag racing any more, but to throw a spanner in the works, Union is the best.

I reakon we make it a wednsday night to get around the whole weekend footy problem. Just as long as it doesn't clash with State Of Origin. Plus I hear not many people go on wednesdays. And I don't have to get up early thursdays :P

Wednesday's is out for due to the fact that I have to work the next day as do most of us. It's the 5am alarm to go to work that sucks. Saturday is the better choice to get the most people to go and if 1 homo wants to go to the footy then let him....... :P :P

Priorities Azza ....... charge someone to sit in your seat for the night and ther's the cost of the drags!! Beside's the Lions will prolly win jack squat this year. :(

another option would be the thursday nights seven 2 eleven (ie. 7pm to 11pm)

i understand the next day is also a working day but just a thought...

kyle n myself went out there last night, and as there wasnt too many cars i managed to get in about 6 or 7 runs...

plus the cold temperature is also sumthing to enjoy, however the only drawback is that as the night goes on, there tends to be some dew on the track....

I think saturday is going to be the best for most people... Most if not all work during the week, and although people have commitments on weekends as well, i think its best to try and work around what saturday suites the most people, rather then head out on a weeknight to suite only a handful.

With Compak Attak in may and a few of us heading down to sydney to watch Twilight take out the championship (he already has it..but prizes etc awarded in sydney), June or July sounds best to me... I'd prefer july, gives me time to get the new exhaust fabricated and installed....but i'll show up either way.... its all good fun.

another option would be the thursday nights seven 2 eleven (ie. 7pm to 11pm)

i understand the next day is also a working day but just a thought...

kyle n myself went out there last night, and as there wasnt too many cars i managed to get in about 6 or 7 runs...

plus the cold temperature is also sumthing to enjoy, however the only drawback is that as the night goes on, there tends to be some dew on the track....

I like this idea wei child... i'd be down.. clearly dont want to drive all that way to get a measily 1-2 runs...

Edited by sportiv

Last Test and Tune we went to our members got as many runs as they wanted and that was a Saturday night before a Nostalgic meet and a week before another meet so there were more cars than normal. Saturday is the go for most as it also gives you the day to get your car ready. :D

Last Test and Tune we went to our members got as many runs as they wanted and that was a Saturday night before a Nostalgic meet and a week before another meet so there were more cars than normal. Saturday is the go for most as it also gives you the day to get your car ready. :D

Agreed.

Only on a really stupidly busy TNT (like the last one i went to, where they had a round of the harley DYO bracket knockout championships on at the same time....) will you not get at least 8 runs in.. even on said stupid harley day, I got 6 in....

The key to get a stack of runs in is not to pause on the first few runs. The hardcores are busy setting their cars up for the first hour or so, so you can slip 3 good runs in if you just go around and around and around... then when it gets busy, go grab something to eat, and get ready to line up (towards the end of the night you'll be lining up for about 45mins between runs...)