Mazda 323/3 vs Toyota Corolla Drag re-match

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....Whats the go?

2nd and 9th are the saturdays only ones listed for September. Then it is mid october for the next saturday nights.

Busy time for us over in the mazda camp, getting ready for an assault on Jamboree. Unfortunatly the worm mobile won't be out there racing, due to delays in the build plan, as well as some broken bits.... I will however be out to play in november in sydney if everything goes to plan.

Surprised to see not a single sportivo on the entry list though? would have thought plenty of the 14 second sportivo's would have entered in!!.

Anyway... October would be best given the majority of our guys either race, or have a big part to play for the racers in Jamboree.

If you want to come and test your metal, entries have been extended. Anyone who can run a qualifying time of 14.99 or under will be eligible to enter this year under the new SCG regulations... this means a limitless field size. Twiggy will be mixing it up in front mod this year.

Lets aim for an October rematch..I believe there is TNT the day before my birthday, on teh 14th of October...we can follow the rematch with a late night booze up at my place (most would probably drive past or very close to my place on the way home)

Edited by LordWorm

Surprised to see not a single sportivo on the entry list though? would have thought plenty of the 14 second sportivo's would have entered in!!.

Couldn't get our wipers unclipped in time :P :D :P :D :P :D

What? so the difference between a 15.4 second sportivo and a 14.9 second sportivo is windscreen wipers?

Enter in street FWD if you don't want to remove them (illegal in this class) - or Front Mod if you want the option.

What? so the difference between a 15.4 second sportivo and a 14.9 second sportivo is windscreen wipers?

Enter in street FWD if you don't want to remove them (illegal in this class) - or Front Mod if you want the option.

Mate, I'm having a dig....

I keep hearing about how the Mazda boys like removing eveything from their cars before they run....

All in fun sunshine.... :P

I'm out due to being involved in crewing for my mates car for Jambo. Also have every weekend full up for October with another drag meet at the end of October as well. Too busy this time of year!!!

Besides it's more fun watching Mazda's lunch themsleves from the grand stand where my car won't get splattered in oil :lol::lol::lol:

I'm out due to being involved in crewing for my mates car for Jambo. Also have every weekend full up for October with another drag meet at the end of October as well. Too busy this time of year!!!

Besides it's more fun watching Mazda's lunch themsleves from the grand stand where my car won't get splattered in oil :lol::lol::lol:

we;re camping out and already have ray box's permission for a boozy evening once racing on sat night ahs finished...feel free to stop by and talk shop =)

besides no fear of your car getting splattered in oil.....i'd be more worried about your car wearing bits of a gearboxes... our boys seem to be going through them like they are going out of fashion at the moment... eeek.

Twiggy still hasnt dropped his since bent selector rods, GTXWGN toastest yet another recently...then theres kurt's SP23...with chryo'd gears...great for strength..but watch out if you crunch a gear.....chryo'd gears have a nasty way of shattering if crunched....hehehe...ahhh the things we do for fun.

Edited by LordWorm

Mate, I'm having a dig....

I keep hearing about how the Mazda boys like removing eveything from their cars before they run....

All in fun sunshine.... :P

I'm having a dig also :P theres no reason why you too can't remove your windscreen wipers, for supreme areodynamic advantage!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rematch again anyone?

What are you doin Wednesday night (13th) :whistling:

Nothing...getting the car could be a problem as my mrs works....needs picking up in milton at 11...

I'm keen to get out there again tho....was out at the street series meet saturday night, car was nothing short of flying - given the *only* modification its got is a microtech engine management system...haha...deep deep 15s.

keen to rip the air box and go naked throttlebody and see what more i can do...

what time do they open on wednesday nights?

• 4 weeks later...

When is the next one of these happening?????? i love 3's for breakfast lol!!! :clap:

Especially the "SP" varieties. They go well with my "Special K". After a few of them they do start to give you the trots though....

same sh!t different day :P

im thinking of starting a new diet ..... based solely on MPS :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i hear it will be good for my appetite ;) ;) ;) ;)

Has to be better for you than the overloaded doner kebabs you eat now with double tabouleh

• 1 month later...

Only problem with these little fcukers is they give you the runs!

As soon as you chew them up and swollow them they are right behind you again looking up the road at you like "i get you next time FLIER next time!!!" (or is that from watching to much inspector gaget???)lol

Anyway back to the matter at hand when we goin to teach these mazDAH!! FReez a lesson???

M-azda

P-iece of

S-h!t lol :toast::ph34r::yahoo: