cop trouble

okay so earlier i got caught for running the red. i was in the situation where if i slam the brakes, i would have skidded so i decided to run it since i was near my mates place. neways long story short, coppers got me for running the red. question is, how much is this gonna cost me? and how many points?

neways has any else had cop troubles? e.g. speeding, defects etc.

okay so earlier i got caught for running the red. i was in the situation where if i slam the brakes, i would have skidded so i decided to run it since i was near my mates place. neways long story short, coppers got me for running the red. question is, how much is this gonna cost me? and how many points?

3 points for running the red and if its double de merit its 6 points.

I dragged an unmarked cop car once and was pulling away from him before he put his lights on lol. Pulled me over. I told him that I was late for a hair appointment, and that it's no excuse for speeding (besides being lame). I also said that I nearly went to the Academy to become a Copper so I understand fully what I had done and was prepared to recieve punishment. The guy did a check on me. He came back, laughed saying that it was stupid what I'd done and that I'd have a 3 month monitor put on me, and if I was pulled over then I'd be done. He complinmented the Sportivo, said 'Drive safe.' and left me to it. Done. Got off. My advice? Tell them you had aspects of being a Copper (which I honestly did) and they'll bend to it most of the time. It worked twice in a row for me :D

I got fined $300 for running a red, it was so stoopid, the cops chased me on foot cauise i was turning of a street .. long story coultn be bothered agruing with the cop so i copped it

3 point and $300 fine

I have 2 mates in Perth done for not stopping at orange lights in Perth :rolleyes: awwww WA got to love it. Its must be better to get a truck up your behind :P

Does this happen in other states?

also I got done for going down a one way st in QLD when I crossed at 95 degrees to the almost opposite road

Edited by perthcamry

I got fined $300 for running a red, it was so stoopid, the cops chased me on foot cauise i was turning of a street .. long story coultn be bothered agruing with the cop so i copped it

3 point and $300 fine

great... 300bucks... this blows, its more then speeding!

The other day, double demerits of course, i pulled up behind the cops at a T intersection. the cop didnt have his indicator on but he was quite obviously all the way over to the right with the ideal of turning right. Not long after i pulled up behind him (i however had my indicator on) he put his left indicator on and turned left a few metres and stopped on the side of the road. In the next gap I turned right when he also did a U-Turn.

a couple of streets later he pulls me over. No right turn.

I told him I had no idea, i was following his lead thats why i didnt look for any signs. After discussing the fact it was double demerits and the fact that I had recently lost my licence for demerit points he let me off.

Would've been interesting if he busted me though. No right turn, Fog lights were on and there was no P plate on the rear.

Me = teh luckies.

The interesting thing about me and being pulled over is that it's always when I make a mistake. I dont get busted for hitting lift a couple of times leading upto the intersection, but i get pulled over for turning right in a completely empty no right turn intersection.

Some coppers are nitpicks who were picked on at school and they see this as their chance to get back on society. Others like my mate however are just every day blokes who most of the time let small **** like that go. Their motto is they have better things to do than waste time on that. Excessive speeding here is something they watch more (fast...and I mean really fast speeds, 160km/h odd). Hopefully the next we're pulled over tho we're pulled over by someone like my mate. Of course it depends on what you did tho haha. I don't think he'll let you off if you have blood all over you, a balaclava on your head, a suitcase full of cash on the seat and a body in the back lol.

i got pulled over for my lcd screens in my car on saturday, his reason: coz it was illegal to have moving motions and if my handbrake is up than my unit must be off. Took my rego down and said he likes sportivos and he'll remember mine so i better go fix it.

What a joke! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i got pulled over and he said itll be in the mail. maybe it was all bs?

The only one's you'd get in the mail are camera's.

If the cop pulled you over he woulda issued a fine at the time..

wat was it for?

Is your address correct?

Guy in Perth I work with lost his licence and they never even told him. (same thing happened to the top cop in Perth he got sacked for it). So err don’t trust the system, they might can disqualify you for not paying a fine you never got.... :o

wat was it for?

It may be like that in Vic but in NSW it comes in the mail... mine a couple ot years ago took about a month.

doing 100 in a 50 zone the cop told me it would be in the mail because he wasnt sure whether he would give me the max fine or not (first offence)

came in the mail a month or so later as a 15km/h and under fine.

i got pulled over for my lcd screens in my car on saturday, his reason: coz it was illegal to have moving motions and if my handbrake is up than my unit must be off. Took my rego down and said he likes sportivos and he'll remember mine so i better go fix it.

What a joke! :lol:

well yeah,, you would get pulled over as it is illegal... thats why when installed they are linked to the handbrake such that when the handbrake is disengaged the unit displays the start up signal... which can be overiden with a sneaky switch..

wat was it for?

it was for a redlight. every1 tells me he would have given it 2 me on the spot, but yea he said itll be mailed.